Healing With The Color Blue
Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.
~L. Frank Baum
Dr. Edwin Babbitt, in his classic, “The Principles of Light and Color,” states that “The Blue Ray is one of the greatest antiseptics in the world.”
Blue is an all purpose healing color and a great antiseptic and astringent, it discourages disease and disharmony, calms the mind and nerves. Cooling, calming, and protecting, it relaxes the nervous system, helps reduce fever, inflammation and bleeding.
Blue is associated metaphysically with the throat and thyroid gland. Blue-colored light has been shown to reduce blood pressure. Blue calms the autonomic nervous system and is anti-inflammatory. Dark blue affects the pituitary gland, the regulator of sleep. Dark blue also reduces pain and strengthens the skeleton by keeping bone marrow healthy.
Light and sky blues are those most often used in healing work. Blue is good for soothing body, mind and spirit, highly recommended in case of shock. It is very good for treating burns, chickenpox and mumps. In moderation, blue is excellent for emotional healing of stress and anxiety (too much can increase depression and apathy in those so inclined),
The color blue also helps reduce and manage “hot” emotions like anger, impatience, greed or jealousy.
Healing with the color blue:
- Blue is cooling, electric, astringent.
- Good for emotional healing.
- Use a blue light for measles, chickenpox and mumps.
- It can help with self control and in chaotic situations.
- Highly recommended in case of shock.
- Cools down inflammations, fevers, and high blood pressure.
- Stops bleeding.
- Relieves the headaches.
- Calms the mind and nerves.
- Calms strong emotions like anger, aggression or hysteria.
- Brings tranquility.
- Great for insomnia.
- Enhances antiseptic effects
- It is used for stings, itches, rashes and bites.
- Soothing to the eyes.
- Anti-irritation (for instance redness of the skin).
- Soothes suffering.
- It is good for cooling, calming, reconstructing and protecting.
- A great antiseptic and astringent.
- It is very good for treating burns.
- Cooling, calming and protecting.
- It relaxes the nervous system.
- Helps reduce fever, inflammation and bleeding.
- Blue can be used for any type of ailment associated with speech, communication, or the throat.
- Excellent for laryngitis or inflammation of the larynx.
- Also can be used for tooth problems and associated pain and inflammation.
- Blue can increase depression, tiredness and sorrow, so its use should be observed carefully and darker shades should be used only moderately.
Note: This post was compiled by Shirley Twofeathers for Color Therapy, you may repost and share without karmic repercussions, but only if you give me credit and a link back to this website. Blessed be.
Leave a Reply
- Violet vs Purple In the traditional color wheel used by painters, violet and purple are both placed...
- Best colors for a closet You may not give much thought to the inside of your closets when painting a room bu...
- The Colors of Hinduism Hindu deities are depicted in colors that symbolize many positive attributes. Rem...
- Healing With The Color Orange “When everybody is planting apples a visionary plants oranges.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo...
- Foods That Are Turquoise I found almost nothing in the way of foods that are naturally a turquoise color. This...
- Healing Colors Healing with color requires a basic understanding of the specific function of a parti...
- Purple Planet Earth The earliest life on Earth might have been just as purple as it is green today, a...
- Forbidden Colors Try to imagine reddish green — not the dull brown you get when you mix the two pi...
- Colors For Curses Here is a list of the five useful colors for dark magick. These can be used for c...
- Chinese Dragons and Color Unlike dragons of Western lore, fearsome symbols of evil and chaos, the Chinese dra...