Mammatus clouds are pouch-like protrusions hanging from the undersides of clouds. Composed primarily of ice, these cloud pouches can extend hundreds of miles in any direction.
People associate them with severe weather, and it’s true they can appear around, before or after a storm. Mammatus clouds can appear ominous, but contrary to myth, they don’t continue extending downward to form tornadoes.
Wow! Amazing images captured by a storm chaser.
If an image has posted without permission please leave a comment and I will happily remove it, replace it, give credit, and/or link love whichever you prefer.
- Beautiful Mermaid Fantasy Art
- Creepy and Weird Vintage Christmas Cards
- Creepy Victorian Portraits In Motion
- Happy New Year Creepy Victorian Style
- Super Cool Watermelon Art
- Creepy Victorian Seed Packets
- Bleeding Tooth Fungi
- Ravens & Crows ~ Cool & Surreal
- Insane Hair Styles
- Amazing 3D Art
- Naked Fencing
- More Steampunk Art
- Surreal Floral Portraits
- Cool and Surreal
- Something Fun For Walpurgis Night