The violets in the mountains have broken the rocks.
Violet is at the opposite end of the spectrum from red. It is a deeply healing and cleansing color, soothes pains in body, mind and spirit. This color is known as one of the “cool” colors. The color violet has a very calming effect on us and is, therefore, very helpful for those people experiencing sleep difficulties or stress. However, it can be contra-indicated for those suffering from depressive disorders.
Violet light slows down an over-active heart; stimulates the spleen and the white blood cells (immunity). Brings sleep. Soothes mental and emotional stress. Decreases sexual activity. Decreases sensitivity to pain. Helps in detoxification. Exposure to violet light is good for mental and emotional problems, rheumatism, epilepsy, deep tissue work, and bones.
Healing with the color violet:
- Good for mental disorders, the nervous system, baldness and female complaints.
- Helps with pain, is used in deep tissue work and to heal bones, suppresses appetite.
- Can promote inner peace.
- Good for migraines, analgesic, stimulates the immune system.
- Helps with spiritual healing, inner balance, a tranquilizer, promotes sleep. Sedates and subdues.
- Rebuilds the energy body template.
- Used sparingly, violet can be good for mental and nervous disorders and emotional disturbances.
- Maintains potassium balance, reduces hunger.
- Purifies the entire system.
According to Dinshah Ghadiali’s Spectro-Chrome Therapeutic System, violet light demonstrates the following qualities:
- Splenic Stimulant
Increases the Functional Activity of the Spleen
- Cardiac Depressant
Decreases the Functional Activity of the Heart
- Lymphatic Depressant
Decreases the Functional Activity of the Lymphatic Glands for Nutrition.
- Motor Depressant
Decreases the Functional Activity of the Motor Nervous System, which energizes the Muscles into Motion.
- Leucocyte Builder
Builds the White (truly the Violet) Corpuscles in the Spleen
- Overuse can be tiring
- Do not use for depression, use green or blue instead.
Violet is balanced by the color yellow.
The Violet Flame (also called the violet fire) is a unique spiritual energy that can help you in all areas of your life. Lots of people use the mystical image of the Violet Flame which represents the light of divine freedom.
It is used in cleansing, protection, meditation, and to burn off karma from other lifetimes. It can heal emotional and physical problems, improve your relationships, help you to grow spiritually, or just make life easier.
More information on the Violet Flame can be found at:
Note: This post was compiled by Shirley Twofeathers for Color Therapy, you may repost and share without karmic repercussions, but only if you give me credit and a link back to this website. Blessed be.
- Foods That Are Turquoise I found almost nothing in the way of foods that are nat... under Miscellaneous Information
- Healing With The Color Turquoise In healing Turquoise can help to calm hyperactive o... under Healing With Colors
- Violet vs Purple In the traditional color wheel used by painters, viol... under Purple
- New Age Blue Blue has something for almost everyone, from the sk... under Color Correspondences
- Healing With the Color Violet The violets in the mountains have broken the rocks. ~... under Healing With Colors