Here’s a nifty collection of proverbs about cats:
A cat goes to a monastery, but she still remains a cat.
A cat has nine lives.
For three he plays, for three he strays,
and for the last three he stays.
A cat may look at a king.
A cat will teach her young ones all the tricks,
except how to jump backwards.
~Netherlands Antillean proverb
A cat with a straw tail keeps away from fire.
A house without either a cat or a dog
is the house of a scoundrel.
After dark all cats are leopards.
All cats are bad in May.
An old cat will not learn how to dance.
Beware of people who dislike cats.
Books and cats and fair-haired little girls
make the best furnishings for a room.
Cats don’t catch mice to please God.
Cats, flies and women are ever at their toilets.
Curiosity killed the cat,
Satisfaction brought it back!
Handsome cats and fat dung heaps are the sign of a good farmer.
Happy is the home with at least one cat.
Happy owner, happy cat.
Indifferent owner, reclusive cat.
I gave an order to a cat, and the cat gave it to its tail.
If stretching were wealth, the cat would be rich.
If you play with a cat, you must not mind her scratch.
In a cat’s eyes, all things belong to cats.
One should not send a cat to deliver cream.
The cat’s a saint when there are no mice about.
The cat is nature’s Beauty.
The cat was created when the lion sneezed.
The cat who frightens the mice away
is as good as the cat who eats them.
The dog for the man, the cat for the woman.
Those who dislike cats
will be carried to the cemetery in the rain.
To live long, eat like a cat, drink like a dog.
When the cat’s away, the mice will play.
~Western Europe proverb
When the mouse laughs at the cat there’s a hole nearby.
When rats infest the Palace a lame cat is better than the swiftest horse.
Wherever the mice laugh at the cat,
there you will find a hole.
Who cares well for cats
will marry as happily as he or she could ever wish.
You will always be lucky
if you know how to make friends with strange cats.
~Colonial American proverb
You come with a cat and call it a rabbit.
Leave a Reply
- The Four Eyed Cat It was once generally believed by British fishermen tha...
- African Cat Gods and Lore Africa has cats. We all know that. The problem is t...
- Procrastination When you didn’t do the homework till the last minute ...
- Testing… Testing… TESTING TESTING Check 1, 2… Is this thing on? Borro...
- Magickal Cat Names There is an old tradition of naming that belongs to...
- Simon’s Cat Goes Hunting
- Wild Eyed Cat Art I love these wild eyed kitties by Kim Haskins. ...
- Ailuromancy – Divination With Cats Ailuromancy or aeluromancy , also known as felidoma...
- Simon’s Cat Clears The Table Oops!
- Pavlov’s Cats Everyone has heard of Pavlov's Dogs and many have heard...