The following questionaire gives you a tool for self-analysis that will help you increase the energy centers that you rated lowest in. Understanding what thoughts or issues may cause a Chakra to stagnate (not develop fully) is the first step in acquiring balance.
These questions are connected to your Root Chakra power. The Root Chakra is your main power station and it is connected to your physical vitality and endurance, mental perseverance and it is the center that gives you your life’s passion. The root center is also your connection to your existence.
- Are you physically fit?
- Was there or is there currently any abuse (physical or verbal) in your life?
- Are you able to put your thoughts into action?
- Do you accomplish most of your goals?
- Are money and a home very important to you?
- Have you had any recent thoughts of self-destruction?
Ways to boost your Root Chakra power are:
- Incorporate physical activities such as an exercise program or yoga.
- Foods and herbs to balance this Chakra include: Beets, Shilajit, Red Meat (organic and grass fed is best), Tomatoes, and Pomegranates.
- Use aromatherapy oils such as sandalwood, ylang ylang or juniper.
- Stimulating music with deep beats such as drums or music that makes your body move like Latin American music.
- Wear or carry a red gemstones. Red stones would be Red Tiger’s Eye, Garnet, Red Jasper or Ruby.
- Surround yourself with the color red.
- Engage in physical activities that connect you with your roots, the earth.
These questions are connected to your Spleen or Sacral Chakra power. The Sacral Chakra is your sensing power station, connecting you to your feeling sensitivities. It is the center that allows you to live consciously, in the “now.” The spleen center is also the link to your enthusiasm, happiness and joy – your inner child.
Issues to review are:
- Are you emotionally stable or do your emotions go from one extreme to another?
- Do you try to hide or control your feelings?
- Is your inner child still alive, enthusiastic and uninhibited?
- Can you think outside of the box or is your creative perception restricted?
- Are your sexual relationships mutual and respectful, and can you be totally comfortable with your partner with no limitations such as frigidity or impotence?
- Do you feel disconnected from reality and do you have a difficult living in the present moment?
Ways to boost your Sacral Chakra power are:
- Hot aromatic baths. Water aerobics. Deep tissue massage. Emotional movies. Cooking classes. Embracing sensation (such as different food tastes).
- Foods and herbs to balance the sacral Chakra include: Carrots, Mangoes, Oranges, Turmeric, Wild Caught Salmon, and Water.
- Use aromatherapy oils such as Melissa, Orange, Mandarin, Neroli, Tangerine.
- Music with a bounce or that flows (running water, thunderstorms, etc.). Harp.
- Wear or carry an orange gemstone or copper piece. Orange stones would be Coral or Carnelian.
- Surround yourself with the color orange.
- Engage in playful activities that stimulate your creativity, and help you to embrace your sexuality.
These questions are connected to Solar Plexus Chakra power. The Solar Plexus Chakra is your mental awareness, which connects you to your mind power. It is the center that governs your ability to learn and comprehend. The solar plexus center is known to govern your ego and your will power. It is the sun center that emits optimism and confidence.
Issues to review are:
- Are you too flexible and are your focus and concentration abilities poor?
- Do you lack confidence that you are overly concerned with what other people think?
- Are your thoughts clouded so that you have a difficult time making decisions?
- Do you take on too much responsibility because you think you know best?
- Are you a perfectionist and prefer to do things yourself?
- Are you afraid to be alone?
Ways to boost your Solar Plexus Chakra power are:
- Taking classes, reading informative books, doing mind puzzles. Developing one’s photographic memory. Detoxification programs.
- Foods and herbs to balance the solar plexus Chakra include: Pineapple, Yellow Peppers, Bananas, and Yellow Squash
- Use aromatherapy oils such as Rosemary, Lemon, Grapefruit, Bergamot.
- Music that is mentally stimulating such as chimes, reed and horn instruments.
- Wear or carry a yellow gemstone or something gold. Yellow stones would be Citrine, Amber, Topaz.
- Surround yourself with the color yellow.
- Spend some time in the sunshine. Engage in mental activities and games that bring a smile to your face and give you confidence.
These questions are connected to your Heart Chakra power. The Heart Chakra is your heart power station, connecting you to your emotions. It is the center that allows you to love and give unconditionally. The heart center governs your relationships. It is the energy center that integrates one’s physical reality to one’s spiritual connection.
Issues to review are:
- Do you accept yourself for who you are or do you lack self-love?
- Do you feel that you are not worthy of living life fully or do you feel stifled (feel a lack of freedom in your life)?
- Are you indecisive because you can’t make up your mind?
- Do you have a hard time saying “no” to people?
- Do you have a fear of being rejected or abandoned?
- Are you envious and jealous of what other people have?
Ways to boost your Heart Chakra power are:
- Nature hikes. Spending time with family or friends. Surrounding yourself with plants. Gardening. Taking self-love courses. Reading romantic novels or watching romantic movies. Candlelight dinners.
- Foods and herbs to balance the heart Chakra include: Organic Greens, Broccoli, Hydrilla Verticillata, Moringa
- Use aromatherapy oils such as Eucalyptus, Pine, Tea Tree, Spearmint, Cedarwood.
- Music that has the sounds of nature.
- Wear or carry a green gemstone. Green stones would be Aventurine, Emerald, Jade, Malachite, Peridot.
- Surround yourself with the color green.
- Walk barefoot in the grass and send love to the world around you.
These questions are connected to your Throat Chakra power. The Throat Chakra is your communication power station. It is the center that handles incoming and outgoing messages. It is through this center that we voice our opinions and our truths.
Issues to review are:
- Are you able to express yourself and your beliefs (voice your inner truth)?
- Do you have the ability to trust others without doubt?
- Do you have good organization and planning skills?
- Are you able to free yourself of old family values, beliefs and commitments especially regarding their relationship to responsibility?
- Are you concerned with financial security and having nice possessions?
- Are you shy and have difficulty communicating yourself or are you too talkative?
Ways to boost your Throat Chakra power are:
- Singing (in the shower) and toning. Poetry, stamp or art collecting. Meaningful conversations. Taking self-development courses. Attending church or spiritual functions. Journaling. Neck and shoulder rolls.
- Foods and herbs to balance the throat Chakra include: Blueberries, Blue algae and fruits from trees.
- Use aromatherapy oils such as Geranium, Chamomile, Peppermint, Mint, Cypress.
- Music that is repetitive, such as echoes or sounds of ocean waves.
- Wear or carry a blue gemstone. Blue stones would be Sodalite, Lapis Lazuli, Sapphire, Blue Agate.
- Surround yourself with the color blue
- To balance this Chakra simply speak up and say what your heart is urging you to say! You’ll find that any throat issue will miraculously start to go away as you align yourself with your truths.
These questions are connected to your Third Eye or Brow Chakra power. The Third Eye Chakra is your intuitive intelligence. It is the center that taps into the universal consciousness. Through the third-eye you can see things from a psychic potential.
Issues to review are:
- Do you trust your intuition and insights?
- Are you able to develop your psychic and intuitive abilities?
- Can you release your fears and anxieties or do you hang on to negative thoughts?
- Are you able to balance your imagination and fantasy realm with reality?
- Do you tend to feel lonely or are you often depressed?
- Are you unable to give yourself credit because you lack self-pride?
Ways to boost your Third Eye Chakra power are:
- Star gazing. Eye rolls. Meditation.
- Foods and herbs for the third eye chakra include: Grapes, Blackberries, and Red onion.
- Use aromatherapy oils such as Patchouli, Frankincense, Myrrh.
- Music such as Mozart or Bach. Chanting (OM).
- Wear or carry an indigo gemstone or silver jewelry. Indigo stones are Amethyst, Tourmaline, Tanzanite.
- Surround yourself with the color Indigo.
- Trust your intuition and allow it to guide you.
These questions are connected to your Crown Chakra power. The Crown Chakra is your spiritual connection. This Chakra links you to the cosmos so you can reach your higher potential. It is the energy of knowingness and enlightenment.
Issues to review are:
- Are you dedicated to the Divine consciousness?
- Do you trust the universe and your spiritual reality?
- Are you able to equally balance your spirituality with your ability to stay grounded?
- Do you allow the universal energy to flow through you so that you have an unlimited creative energy source?
- Are you able to integrate you intuitive energy with your intellect—your feminine energy with your masculine energy?
- Do you lack faith because you prefer to believe in your own abilities?
Ways to boost your Crown Chakra power are:
- Focusing on dreams and writing down one’s visions and inventions. Listening to guided meditation tapes. Taking spiritual courses.
- The crown is more spirit than earth and is balanced by the sun, air, friendship, positivity, yoga, and meditation.
- Use aromatherapy oils such as Lavender, Jasmine, Magnolia.
- Silence is the violet inspiration’s music. Crystal Bowls.
- Wear or carry a violet gemstone. Violet stones would be Quartz Crystal, Diamond.
- Surround yourself with the color violet or white.
- Spend time in quiet contemplation.
- The Chakra Correspondences Here we have a nice long listing of the various corresp...
- The Seven Energy Vortex Meditation Technique These vortexes, also called Chakras, are located at...
- Diagram of the Main Chakras This is a simple diagram of the seven main chakra...
- The Key of E and the 3rd Chakra The Key of E is traditionally associated with the Third...
- Chakra Zen Incantations The Thinking and Breathing incantations in Eric Maisel'...
- The Key of D and the 2nd Chakra The Key of D is associated with the second Chakra, or...
- What A Chakra Feels Like If you would like to experience what a chakra feels...
- The Key of B and the 7th Chakra The Key of B is traditionally associated with the Seven...
- Sacral Chakra Water Meditation Quietly you lie at peace, alive against the Earth...
- A Small Collection of Crown Chakra Images What follows is a collection of Crown Chakra (7th c...