The Color Yellow
I really just want to be warm yellow light
that pours over everyone I love. ~Conor Oberst
Yellow is the color of gold, butter, and ripe lemons. Yellow is commonly associated with gold, wealth, sunshine, reason, happiness, optimism and pleasure, but also with cowardice, envy, jealousy and betrayal. It plays an important part in Asian culture, particularly in China.
Yellow enriches, stimulates, lightens and activates many of the systems of the body. It tends to encourage orderliness and clarity. It can act as a mild sedative to relieve many fears and give a mental lift. Gradual and consistent exposure to yellow light decreases blood pressure and heart rate and increases energy and endurance.
Yellow is the color of the mind and the intellect, vitality, power and ego. It is optimistic and cheerful, however it can also suggest impatience, criticism, and cowardice.
Yellow links with and stimulates the solar plexus, or psychic center (the third chakra). It can be used for psychic burnout or other psychic-related conditions or ailments. Activates and cheers up depressed and melancholic people. Gives lust for life.
Yellow is a very favorable vibration for mental or intellectual activity, as it promotes a clear state of mind. Yellow heightens your awareness and alleviates depression, sadness, or any kind of despondency. When studying, having objects of lemon yellow around will help the memory functions of the brain. If exam-stress is a problem, a bright golden yellow encourages relaxation and reduces nervousness.
Note: This post was compiled by Shirley Twofeathers for Color Therapy, you may repost and share without karmic repercussions, but only if you give me credit and a link back to this website. Blessed be.
Leave a Reply
- Purple Planet Earth The earliest life on Earth might have been just as ... under Miscellaneous Information
- A to Z Healing Index Here is an A to Z list of illnesses and the colors ...
- Healing with Color Meditation The Meditation: Choose the color you feel is most ap... under Color Meditations
- Variations of the Color Turquoise Aqua: Closer to green than blue, aqua is refreshing... under Turquoise
- Red Is A Green Issue Red keeps us rooted in the red energy of our planet... under Miscellaneous Information