If this doesn’t cheer you up, I don’t know what will!
Otagi Nenbutsu-Ji is a Buddhist temple in Kyoto, Japan that features over 1,200 stone figures representing Rakan, or disciples of Shaka (the founder of Buddhism), that were mostly carved by amateurs from across the country under the guidance of sculptor Kocho Nishimura. Each sculpture is a whimsical display of expressive faces, adding a playful element to the spiritual environment.
The figurative sculptures were first donated in 1981, only a little over 30 years ago, allowing the present temple, a reconstruction of its former self which was originally built in the middle of the eighth century, to become known for its humorous figures. Now the smiling faces and expressive gestures still manage to translate through the moss that covers them. Even during winter, when snow coats the small, stone bodies, one can make out the playfully spirited figures.
Info source: My Modern Met
Here’s a nice collection of art by Oleg Shuplyak. These wonderful optical illusion paintings are so much fun! In many of the paintings the hidden faces can only be seen when the image is small. In some, it’s more obvious. Enjoy!
Supposedly there are eight navy seals hiding in this picture… I can’s spot a single one! Do you see any?
Here is something interesting that’s been making the rounds on Facebook.
All of these plates are flipped upside down. Except one. Once you see that one, they’ll all be right side up.
3 day old baby chicks enjoying the warmth from a coffee mug
Baby giraffe loves to smile
Cows will be your friend if you treat them nicely
The look I get when I tell them to quit playing
My friends rat enjoying a movie and some popcorn
His wife is going to deliver soon, he keeps jumping in and out looking at her
This is what happens when you leave your doors open during high tide in San Diego
Caught my shrimp in the middle of a meeting this morning
This albino squirrel comes to our door and begs for corn every day!
Doug is super proud of his first modeling gig
Someone was snoring in front of me on the train, I gave a light kick, and this face turned around and looked at me
Owls and bananas don’t get along
A deck of tiny playing cards. Fun!
A very tiny baby gets a bottle. Cute!
Tiny rubber duckies… they’d get lost in a hurry in my bathtub!
Awww… a cute teeny tiny crocheted owl!
Wowsers! Now that’s some tiny knitting!
A handful of tiny pop cans. Nifty!
Check out this tiny knife and fork! Very cool!
I love it, a tiny bouquet of tiny flowers! Very nice!
Look, a miniature violin! Unbelievable!
What’s this? A tiny play station? Super fun!
Check out this tiny container of salt!
A tiny little plant in a tiny little mug. Love it!
- Child Protection: Some Juicy Watermelon Art
- Child Protection: Snails In Love?
- child protection: Pop Up Books For Grown Ups
- Child protection: Fine Art Cats
- Amber Robison’: 21d0751b2488f43bcd4df7578f7799f6–baby-needs-mini-things
- Pop Up Books For Grown Ups Here's a selection of amazing pop up book art created...
- Amazing Watermelon Art Watermelons aren't just for eating! Check out these s...
- More Cute Koala Pics ‘Holly’ and ‘Bai’yali’ recently moved into a “koala...
- Baby Bobcats Awww... Aren't they cute?
- I Love Tiny Things A deck of tiny playing cards. Fun! A very tiny bab...
- Watermelon Art Revisited How about some more super cool watermelon art? ...
- More Fairy Kittens Love these fairy kittens by Cyra R Cancel ...
- Adorable Loris Pics Because they are so adorably cute and slow moving L...
- Fairy Houses In The Wild "Do you believe in fairies? Say quick that you believ...
- Super Cool Carved Pumpkins Here's a variety of super cool carved pumpkins that y...