Here is some beautiful macro photography of water drops reflecting flowers. Wow!
If you’re ever in a bad mood, just remember when Bob Ross put squirrels in his shirt pocket so they could watch him work in the joy of painting.
If this doesn’t cheer you up, I don’t know what will!
The Sunda flying lemur (Galeopterus variegatus) or Sunda colugo, also known as the Malayan flying lemur or Malayan colugo, is a species of colugo. Interestingly, is not a lemur and does not fly. Instead, it glides as it leaps among trees.
It is strictly arboreal, is active at night, and feeds on soft plant parts such as young leaves, shoots, flowers, and fruits. After a 60-day gestation period, a single offspring is carried on the mother’s abdomen held by a large skin membrane. The Sunda flying lemur is found throughout Southeast Asia in Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore.
Otagi Nenbutsu-Ji is a Buddhist temple in Kyoto, Japan that features over 1,200 stone figures representing Rakan, or disciples of Shaka (the founder of Buddhism), that were mostly carved by amateurs from across the country under the guidance of sculptor Kocho Nishimura. Each sculpture is a whimsical display of expressive faces, adding a playful element to the spiritual environment.
The figurative sculptures were first donated in 1981, only a little over 30 years ago, allowing the present temple, a reconstruction of its former self which was originally built in the middle of the eighth century, to become known for its humorous figures. Now the smiling faces and expressive gestures still manage to translate through the moss that covers them. Even during winter, when snow coats the small, stone bodies, one can make out the playfully spirited figures.
Info source: My Modern Met
Here’s a nice collection of art by Oleg Shuplyak. These wonderful optical illusion paintings are so much fun! In many of the paintings the hidden faces can only be seen when the image is small. In some, it’s more obvious. Enjoy!
Who doesn’t love ladybugs?
We always called them ladybugs, but in some places, they are called ladybirds. I found a cool infographic showing all the different kinds there are in England, you can see it here: Know Your Ladybirds. And some ladybird folklore can be found here: Ladybird Ladybird Fly Away home.
Here’s a cool collection of amazing photographs of snails that seem to be very interested in each other. Not sure if it’s love or not, but it’s cute and fun, I think.
Check out these amazing 3D drawings. They leap right off the page, and seemingly to come to life! So cool!
I love foxes. Here are some of my favorite fox art pics.
- Child Protection: Some Juicy Watermelon Art
- Child Protection: Snails In Love?
- child protection: Pop Up Books For Grown Ups
- Child protection: Fine Art Cats
- Amber Robison’: 21d0751b2488f43bcd4df7578f7799f6–baby-needs-mini-things
- Pop Up Books For Grown Ups Here's a selection of amazing pop up book art created...
- Amazing Watermelon Art Watermelons aren't just for eating! Check out these s...
- More Cute Koala Pics ‘Holly’ and ‘Bai’yali’ recently moved into a “koala...
- Baby Bobcats Awww... Aren't they cute?
- I Love Tiny Things A deck of tiny playing cards. Fun! A very tiny bab...
- Watermelon Art Revisited How about some more super cool watermelon art? ...
- More Fairy Kittens Love these fairy kittens by Cyra R Cancel ...
- Adorable Loris Pics Because they are so adorably cute and slow moving L...
- Fairy Houses In The Wild "Do you believe in fairies? Say quick that you believ...
- Super Cool Carved Pumpkins Here's a variety of super cool carved pumpkins that y...