I don’t know who the artist is, and I can’t remember where I found these; but aren’t they cute?
One of the cutest of all bats, the Honduran white bat is a prime example of going against the stereotypical myths about bats. Neither do they live in caves like the others of its kind nor do they have dark coloration on their body. These little creatures are probably one of the most benign things you are likely to come across in Central America if you are lucky.
Honduran white bats live only in the lowland rainforests of eastern Honduras, northern Nicaragua, eastern Costa Rica and western Panama. They live in rainforests that have heliconia plants. By cutting along the veins of heliconia leaves, these bats force the leaves to collapse into upside-down V-shaped “tents” that might shelter only one bat, or as many as twelve bats.
When they roost, they hang close together upside down in the center of the leaf. The tents help protect them during the daytime from rain, the hot sun and predators. In fact, the bats choose leaves that are six feet off the ground—high enough to be out of the reach of terrestrial predators.
Also, the stems of heliconia plants are not very strong, so any predator brushing against the leaf causes the bats’ tent to shake. This alerts the bats to danger and they fly quickly away. Why do Honduran white bats have bright white coats? Why are they not green like the leaves they hide inside? When the sun shines through the leaves of their tent, it makes the bats’ white coat appear green, making them hard to spot!
However, their tent is not home sweet home for long. The bats rarely return to the same tent for more than a day.
Info from: The Rainforest Alliance
Check out this cool little car made of wood.
Let’s take a look inside!
I love the way it looks inside!
But what’s under the hood?
Let’s take a look!
Looks very clean and new!
What else does this cute little car have going for it?
I wonder what it looks like underneath.
Again, looks very clean and new!
It’s a cute little two seater.
I wonder what’s in the trunk?
I love it!
Check this kid out!
He’s going to eat the world’s largest burger ever!
Is this for real?
Yes, it actually is!
Here’s the cook…
The Over De Flames burger, which could be the whopper to end all whoppers, contains more than 13,000 calories – almost the amount an average man should consume in a week.
Standing at around 30cm in diameter and containing a staggering 40 slices of cheese, the burger poses a gut-busting challenge for even the hungriest of customers. It is served with fries and a milkshake, boasts lashings of relish, ketchup and mayonnaise, plus two whole onions, three tomatoes and an entire head of lettuce.
Equivalent to more than 26 quarter-pounders, the monolithic meat feast contains three kilos of beef (6.5lb), dwarfing its competitors in the race to be named Britain’s biggest – and most calorific – burger.
The brainchild of restaurateur Sudeep De, the burger is only available at the Over De Flames restaurant within Norwich venue The Basement.
3 day old baby chicks enjoying the warmth from a coffee mug
Baby giraffe loves to smile
Cows will be your friend if you treat them nicely
The look I get when I tell them to quit playing
My friends rat enjoying a movie and some popcorn
His wife is going to deliver soon, he keeps jumping in and out looking at her
This is what happens when you leave your doors open during high tide in San Diego
Caught my shrimp in the middle of a meeting this morning
This albino squirrel comes to our door and begs for corn every day!
Doug is super proud of his first modeling gig
Someone was snoring in front of me on the train, I gave a light kick, and this face turned around and looked at me
Owls and bananas don’t get along
- Just Chillin by shirleytwofeathers - 2 Comments
- Amazing Winter Animal Photos by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- A Spectacular Flip Flop Collection by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Watermelon Art Revisited by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- More Beautiful Mirror Images by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Pop Up Books For Grown Ups Here's a selection of amazing pop up book art created...
- Amazing Watermelon Art Watermelons aren't just for eating! Check out these s...
- Watermelon Art Revisited How about some more super cool watermelon art? ...
- More Fairy Kittens Love these fairy kittens by Cyra R Cancel ...
- Baby Bobcats Awww... Aren't they cute?
- Adorable Loris Pics Because they are so adorably cute and slow moving L...
- More Cute Koala Pics ‘Holly’ and ‘Bai’yali’ recently moved into a “koala...
- I Love Tiny Things A deck of tiny playing cards. Fun! A very tiny bab...
- Spectacular Winter Scenes This spectacular art is done with pencil on paper. Wo...
- Fairy Houses In The Wild "Do you believe in fairies? Say quick that you believ...