“In the Lakota/Sioux tradition, a person who is grieving is considered most holy. There’s a sense that when someone is struck by the sudden lightning of loss, he or she stands on the threshold of the spirit world. The prayers of those who grieve are considered especially strong, and it is proper to ask them for their help. You might recall what it’s like to be with someone who has grieved deeply. The person has no layer of protection, nothing left to defend. The mystery is looking out through that person’s eyes. For the time being, he or she has accepted the reality of loss and has stopped clinging to the past or grasping at the future. In the groundless openness of sorrow, there is a wholeness of presence and a deep natural wisdom.”
~ Tara Brach
In the very earliest of times,
When both people and animals lived on the earth,
A person could become an animal if he wanted to
And an animal could become a human being.
Sometimes they were people
And sometimes animals
And there was no difference.
All spoke the same language.
That was a time when words were like magic.
The human mind had mysterious powers.
A word spoken by chance
Might have strange consequences.
It would suddenly become alive
And what people said wanted to happen
Could happen ~
All you had to do was say it
Nobody could explain this:
That’s the way it was.
~An Old Eskimo story
- Presenting An Infant To The Sun Now this is the day. Our child, Into the daylight You will go out stan...
- What a Real Shaman Is I found a great blog post about shamanism at a pretty cool website call...
- Grandfather Sun Grandfather Sun Illumination, Enlightenment, Knowledge Out of t...
- What is a Vision Quest? A vision quest is a rite of passage, similar to an initiation, in some...
- Dreaming The Secret Wishes Of The Soul One of the greatest gifts of dreaming is that it puts us in touch with...
- Learn To See You must learn to see. There is seeing the visible. Most people see onl...
- Spiritual Guidance From Dreams Many of us take our dreams for granted, not realizing that the dream st...
- The Promise of a Shaman If you come to me as a victim I will not support you. But I will have...
- Listening To Spirit Learning to listen means distinguishing real Vision from your own dream...
- The Story of False Face The story of False Face as told by Mad Bear Anderson. I will tell yo...
- Hothooka Caunotka ~ Sign Of Purification by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Spiritual Guidance From Dreams by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Dreaming The Secret Wishes Of The Soul by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Grandfather Sun by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Learn To See by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment