I found a great blog post about shamanism at a pretty cool website called Blue Plant Shaman. The whole thing is worth reading – I just pulled the juicy part out for posting here:
Here is a list that I came up with that I call the basic requirements for a person to be a good Shaman.
- You need to come from a dysfunctional family.
- You need to understand abuse, alcohol, drug, sexual, physical, mental, verbal, the more the better.
- You need to have a fast mind. This is usually shown through a quick humor and/or problem solving skills.
- You may have a thought that nothing is sacred nor should it be.
- You will probably have a very strong sex drive.
- You may think some things are funny while other people severely disagree.
- You have the ability to teach without formal training.
- Even the most introverted people will instantly open up to you.
- You can make friends with the most vicious junk yard dog because you can relate.
- You had the “visits” from the other side at an early age.
- Sometimes we can seem like a twisted bunch, but everyone wants to come to our parties.
Leave a Reply
- Khetani Machangana: Learn To See