Now this is the day.
Into the daylight
You will go out standing.
Preparing for your day,
We have passed our days.
When all your days were at an end,
When eight days were past,
Our sun father
Went in to sit down at his sacred place.
And our night fathers
Having come out standing to their sacred place,
Passing a blessed night
We came today.
Now this day
Have come out standing to their sacred place.
our sun father,
Having come out standing to his sacred place,
Our child, it is your day.
The flesh of the white corn,
To our sun father
This prayer meal we offer.
My your road be fulfilled
Reaching to the road of your sun father,
When your road is fulfilled
In your thoughts may we live,
May we be the ones whom your thoughts will embrace,
For this, on this day
To our sun father,
We offer prayer meal.
To this end:
May you help us all to finish our roads.
Leave a Reply
- Counting Coup The act of Counting Coup signifies a victory over an enemy or an accept...
- What is a Vision Quest? A vision quest is a rite of passage, similar to an initiation, in some...
- What a Real Shaman Is I found a great blog post about shamanism at a pretty cool website call...
- The False Face Society The False Face Society is the best known of many medicinal societies am...
- The Song of the Twenty ~Harley SwiftDeer Let me sing to you the Song of the Twenty Powers withi...
- Power Animals Power animals are easier to contact than ancient ones. Their voices are...
- A Shamanic Enlightenment Igluik, an Eskimo shaman describes his shamanic enlightenment: "I en...
- The Spirit of the Corn An Iroquois Legend Adapted by Harriet Maxwell Converse There was a ti...
- Grandfather Sun Grandfather Sun Illumination, Enlightenment, Knowledge Out of t...
- Dreaming The Secret Wishes Of The Soul One of the greatest gifts of dreaming is that it puts us in touch with...
- Khetani Machangana: Learn To See