The Color Turquoise
Turquoise is a blend of green and blue. It is so named because the Turks were fond of the color and
decorated many of their buildings with turquoise ceramic glazed tiles.
Turquoise has the calming, expansive nature of green and the cool, quiet flow of blue. It can bring to mind a
particular quality in the sky before or after sunset, a calm, warm sea, a beautiful lagoon, a pure mountain
stream or distant hills in the mellow light of late summer
Turquoise is the color of the deep subconscious. Since the lungs vibrate in the green range, turquoise also
belongs to the lungs, expecially to the higher vibration of the lungs, which is spirituality, creativity, intuition,
imagination, and the synchronistic quality of bring "in tune" with nature, with oneself, with "the flow." The
process of psychic opening is assisted with the color turquoise, as well as violet, and wearing turquoise
around the neck is good for the voice, expression, creativity, since the root urge of creativity is to express.
This is a color that recharges our spirits during times of mental stress and tiredness, alleviating feelings of
loneliness. You only have to focus on the color turquoise, whether on a wall or clothing and you feel instant
calm and gentle invigoration, ready to face the world again!
It is a great color to have around you, particularly in an emergency, as it helps with clear thinking and
decision-making. It assists in the development of organizational and management skills. It influences rather
than preaching and demanding.
This is a good color to aid concentration and clarity of thought for public speakers as it calms the nervous
system, gives control over speech and expression, and builds confidence. Print your speech notes on turquoise
and every time you glance down you will feel the effects of the color.
It heightens levels of creativity and sensitivity; it is good at multi-tasking, becoming bored if forced to focus
on one thing only. Sometimes thinking can become scattered if surrounded by too much of this balancing
Turquoise's essence is clear, fresh, focused, youthful, imaginative, transformational, clean, sensitive,
changing, rarified, new, and victorious. Turquoise encourages inner healing through its ability to enhance
empathy and caring. It heightens our intuitive ability and opens the door to spiritual growth. It is the color of
the evolved soul. Turquoise encourages clarity in thoughts, feelings, and communication.
Healing with the color turquoise:
* Turquoise is important for respiratory system and in strengthening the metabolism.
* It is cooling to the system, and can be beneficial in easing all feverish conditions and for balancing all
systems of the body. It can also be used to cool and ease any inflammation.
* Combines both the beneficial effects of blue and green.
* It vitalizes all systems. It is also purifying.
* In treating febrile diseases, change to turquoise when the temperature is normal.
* Turquoise is useful in treating skin conditions, throat problems, and it is very effective for acute pain
* Turquoise is a prime skin-building color and should be used after the pain from burns is relieved.
Turquoise hastens the formation of new skin.
* It eases respiration problems. It is effective in treatment of asthma and bronchitis, especially with
children. Regular color breathing with turquoise or aqua can prevent intense attacks of asthmatic
* Turquoise is good for immune system, skin (burns and infections), mental relaxation, acidic, tonifier,
regulates lung/large intestine systems.
* Turquoise stimulates the Thymus center, or Higher Heart Chakra.
* Increases intuition and sensitivity.
* Turquoise is a cerebral depressant for over-active mental patients.
* It enhances the ability to focus and concentrate, assisting with clear thinking and decision-making, and
the development of good organizational skills.
* Works as a disinfectant and antiseptic.
* Tones the general system.
* Relaxes sensations of stress.
* It is calming yet invigorating, restoring depleted energies.
* It resonates to the thymus and thyroid glands of our endocrine system.
* Turquoise has a strengthening influence on all systems of the body bringing a sense of inner
* Too much of this color in your life may give you an overactive mind and create emotional imbalance,
making you either over-emotional or non-emotional.
* Too little turquoise in your life may cause you to withhold your emotions, resulting in secrecy and
confusion about your direction in life.
If this is your favorite color, you are friendly and approachable, easy to communicate with. You are
compassionate, empathetic and caring. You have a heightened sense of creativity and sensitivity. You
speak from the heart and love sharing your inner most thoughts.
Not loving turquoise:
A person who has an aversion to turquoise may be looking for solidity and security in society, especially in
marriage. Also, may be reluctant to think originally or to walk new paths.
Wear turquoise jewellry to give yourself cinfidence and strength.
Turquoise gemstones and crystals:
* Throughout the world turquoise stones have been used as protectuve amulets for promoting health and
guarding against harm.
* Emerald, Chrysolioca, Aquamarine
Variations of the Color Turquoise:
Aqua: Closer to green than blue, aqua is refreshing and uplifting. It is creative and light-hearted, yet
strong and individual.
Aquamarine: Enhancing creativity and inspiration, the color aquamarine calms and balances the mind and
Teal: A more sophisticated version of turquoise, teal signifies trustworthiness and reliability. It promotes
spiritual advancement and commitment.