The Color Orange
Orange has two aspects that we see time and time again, pivoting between the material and spiritual worlds,
which is not surprising given that the color itself is a balance between red and yellow. As such, it represents
the second chakra.
Orange is a vibrant, cheerful color that definitely lifts the spirits. Next to red, it is the colour most popular for
extroverts, and as a symbol of activity. In Europe and America, orange is commonly associated with amusement,
the unconventional, fire, activity, danger, taste and aroma, the autumn season, and Protestantism. In Asia, it is
an important symbolic colour of Buddhism and Hinduism.
Orange creates balance. In times of stress, or after a shock or a surprise, wearing shades of orange can help
the body to return to a state of balance. Orange will have a gentle warming effect if used lightly.
Curiosity is one of the driving characteristics of the orange vibration and this brings exploration and
creativity, particularly on a practical level. In terms of subtle bodies, it is linked to the mental body in both
its logical and conceptual form.
In marketing psychology, orange is used to make an expensive product seem more affordable and has been
used to indicate that a product is suitable for everyone.
Orange is as sensual as it gets. Orange is a mellowed red - and it takes primal, lusty urges and mellows them
with a softer vibe. Orange is the color of early attractions, emotional responses, and inner magnetism. It is
also close to gold, the color of success and wealth.
Healing with the color orange:
* In healing work, orange is used to raise energy levels, increase immunity, and to increase sexual
* Orange stimulates the lungs, the respiration and the digestion and is good for all digestive ailments,
chest and kidney diseases.
* Constipation, muscular cramps and spasms, insufficient lactation, skin problems, allergies, repression
* Orange will have a gentle warming effect if used lightly.
* An antidote for depression, loneliness and tiredness.
* Orange color and food provides vital energetic supports for vegetarians.
* Good for chest conditions, chronic rheumatism and asthma.
* It can recharge the etheric body which is the template for the physical body.
* Increases the activity of the thyroid. Reliefs muscle cramps and spasms.
* Good for lactation as it increases the amount of mothers milk.
* Orange should not be used for too long. It is not a good color for nervous people or those who are
easily over excited or prone to anxiety.
* Orange is the color of social communication and optimism. Wearing orange during times of stress, or
shock can help to balance your emotions. It can bring about the willingness to embrace new ideas with
enjoyment and a sense of exploration and creative play.
Put orange in your life when there is:
* A feeling of bleakness and boredom, particularly where there is a sense that time is really dragging.
* A lack of interest in what is going on around you, even to the degree of disdaining to become involved
in any way.
* A resentment of changes in familiar routines and an obsessive need to have things in their "proper"
* Over-seriousness - taking oneself too seriously, lack of humor and playfulness in life.
* A fear of experiencing pleasure through the senses and of enjoying sensuality.
* An inability to let go of the past. Especially apparent after an accident or shock where the mind
continually revolves around the issues involved - the "what if" and the "if only" ...
* A problem with blocked experiences in life, such as a decrease in personal creativity.
Questions to ask yourself when drawn to orange:
* Is there a need to let go of old, worn out ideas, things, and/or emotions?
* What is blocking you? What are you allowing to block you?
Orange is not the most common favorite color. Someone who likes orange is alive with feelings, the ability
to nurture, and can intuit a path to success. If your favorite color is orange, you don't have an "off"
switch when it comes to passion. This is all good stuff, but there's nothing casual about the connections
this kind of person usually forges. Orange represents the warmth of the fire. It brings even more energy
than yellow, celebration and great abundance, comfort, enjoyment of the senses. Warm, sociable, dynamic
and independent people who dedicate themselves to whatever they do.
Not loving orange:
A person who has an aversion to orange may have suppressed sexual feelings or other difficulties with
sensual enjoyment of life. The attitude can also be over-sensual, indulgent, or too materialistic.
Foods that work in an orange way:
* Lack of orange, and orange energy foods can be evident in physical constipation, stiffness in muscles
and joints, and stagnation in other areas of life such as "writer's or artist's block."
* Orange foods help with release of toxins and stress from the body by encouraging the system to
become more efficient in the natural. This aids relaxation and release of stress as the body lets go of
unwanted and waste products.
* Orange foods contain key nutrients that support and maintain the reproductive systems. These foods
can also aid the flow of creativity on other levels too.
* Oranges, peaches, apricots, pumpkin, peppers, carrots, brown rice, sesame seeds, oats, shellfish.
Vitamins and supplements that work in an orange way:
* Calcium, copper, selenium, zinc.
Orange Essential Oils:
* Citronnella, Bergamont, Orange
Orange Crystals and Stones:
* Coral, Carnelian, Fire Agate, Orange Calcite, Copper
* Orange gemstones contain some of the fiery energies of red, but are gentler with a more creative spirit.
They are used to promote personal power and are useful for people who could use more self esteem.
Carry or place orange gemstones around your home or office to stimulate creativity, mental quickness,
ability to adjust to changes.
Balance between spirit and sexuality, fertility and yet virginity; energy, the sun,
Variations of the color orange:
Peach: Peach encourages great communication and conversation. It inspires good manners and puts people
at ease. It has all the attributes of orange but in a much softer, gentler and more cautious form.
Golden Orange: This version of orange encourages vitality and self control.
Amber: Amber helps to inspire greater confidence and better self-esteem. It can promote a degree of
Burnt Orange: This color emits a negative vibration indicating pride, tension and aggressive self-
Dark Orange: Dark orange indicates over-confidence and over-ambition. It tries too hard to prove its
worth and to boost its self-esteem, but when it fails, which is often, it develops a chip on its shoulder. It
is the color of the opportunist, taking selfish advantage of every situation.
More about Orange:
Orange is the colour most easily seen in dim light or against the water, making it the colour of choice for
life rafts, life jackets or buoys. It is worn by people wanting to be seen, including highway workers and
lifeguards. Prisoners are also sometimes dressed in orange clothing to make them easier to see during an
escape. Lifeguards on the beaches of Los Angeles County, both real and in television series, wear orange
swimsuits to make them stand out. The Golden Gate Bridge at the entrance of San Francisco Bay is painted
international orange to make it more visible in the fog.