The Color Green
Green is the color of growing grass and leaves, of emeralds, and of jade. Green is the color most commonly
associated with nature, the environmental movement, Ireland, Islam, spring, hope and envy. Green is a soothing
refreshing color associated with the 4th chakra. Green is about growing, expanding, and living - it's no
coincidence that our money is green.
Green is the color of Nature, and the keynote of our planet Earth. Man’s first environment was a garden. The
green radiance is essential to our health and happiness. As the color of nature and vegetation, it has a
soothing, harmonious radiation that is essential for the well-being of our nerves, and the proper functioning
of the body. Green pastures and fresh air are indeed a wonderful aid in recuperation of health, and it seems
in line with this that the leaves of the Tree of Life are used for healing. As a color of earthly, perceptible
growing things, it represents the field of sensation, and also the victory of life over death, as in spring.
Fertility of the fields; immediate natural life.
Green helps to restore balance and equilibrium. Walking through woodland where the light is predominantly
filtered through green leaves creates a sense of calm in the emotions and an expansive increased sense of
connection with our surroundings.
Green is the great healer. It is neutral to the other colors and serves as a general tonic and neutralizer. When
in doubt, use green. It is a calming color and has a neutral effect on the human nervous system.
Studies have shown a decrease in blood pressure, pulse rate, and breathing rate when people are exposed to
green light. Green is the easiest color on the eye and can improve vision.
Healing with the color green:
* Green stimulates growth and is good for helping heal broken bones.
* Can dramatically assist with easing pain, promotes rapid healing of all kinds.
* Green is used during pregnancy and labor because of its soothing and healing properties.
* Green provides an essential nourishment for the body, the spirit and the heart.
* Helps the digestive system, relieves tension.
* It is good for shock and anxiety.
* A calm green light is an excellent remedy for headache and neuralgia.
* Green affects blood pressure and all conditions of the heart. Helps control the blood pressure (light
green for high blood pressure and dark green for low blood pressure).
* Green helps with relaxation and can be effective for insomnia.
* Assists with healing past trauma and eases the impact of troubled memories.
* The olive green shade can help us work positively with our emotions, olive is cleansing and disinfectant,
it can be used to heal and soothe, to regenerate and to gain awareness and understanding of situations.
* Green has both an energizing effect and a moderating or soothing effect.
* It cures hormonal imbalances.
* Stimulates growth hormone and rejuvenation.
* Cleans and purifies from germs, bacteria and rotting material.
* Harmonizes the digestion, stomach, liver, and gall bladder.
* Has a healing effect on kidneys.
* Increases immunity. Builds up muscles, bones and tissues.
* Stimulates inner peace.
* Strengthens the nervous system.
* Green in any form is one of the finest tonics for tired nerves. The shade or chroma should be bright
and clear, but much will depend on individual preferences.
Specific treatments and recommendations using green:
* For low blood pressure focus the green light over the heart for half an hour treatments and drink the
green solarized water at hourly intervals between meals in half a glass dosages. Eat freely of green
* For high blood pressure follow the same treatment but use a paler green color.
* Neuralgic headaches are often relieved by just looking at the green light.
* Sitting in green light for an hour at a time will refresh exhausted nerves and aid in optimistic thinking.
* Ulcers can be relieved by the green ray treatment given over a long period of time. As they are caused
by fear, anger, criticism and antagonism, the opposite of these emotions built in through the use of
compassionate green will heal them.
* Influenza requires both the green and blue light treatment, as do mucus fevers, whooping cough and
* Colds in the head yield to green solarized water and green light, sometimes with the help of indigo.
* Green can be used as an aphrodisiac and sex tonic. It is very useful in stimulating sex glands and will
be found equally helpful to men and women. It is the color of youth, the springtime of the year when
vegetation shows its greatest growth and vigor.
* Too much green can deepen depression and social withdrawal in some who are already so inclined.
* Some people caution that green should not be used in treatment of cancer because of its association
* It is not to be used where there is anemia or lack of vitality.
Put green in your life when there is:
* A feeling of restriction caused by circumstances such as being housebound or confined.
* A need to let change happen, but also a fear of the unknown.
* A feeling of being trapped by other people's rules and regulations and a need to break rigid patterns.
* A need for new ideas.
* A need for a new state of balance.
* A problem with personal relationships, especially with over-dominance and subservience.
* Green balances the emotions, calms, sooths nervous exhaustion, (use in moderation).
Green is a nice-person color, a "do-gooder, be-gooder" kind of color. This person has a warm heart.
Passion is probably in there somewhere, buried under integrity and honor. If you love green, you put the
greater good before your own good - try a little selfish behavior once in a while. Green brings peace,
rest, hope, comfort and nurturing, calmness and harmony. Interest in nature, plants, fellowmen, children
and animals, health and healing, natural and plain life. Longing for a safe home and family-life. A dislike
Not loving green:
A person who has an aversion to green may be more interested in independence and self-development than
in a warm family-life. May prefer to keep a certain distance in (sexual) relationships.
Wear green when you want to overcome a sense of thwarted ambition. Green says growth - balance -
harmony. It is a color of healthy relationships.
Questions to ask yourself when drawn to green:
* Is there a need for space to gain fresh perspective?
* What is restricting you?
* Is there a situation or circumstance that is limiting or stopping your growth?
Foods that work in a green way:
* Food that is green, or works in a green way, tends to be rich in vitamins and nutrients.
* Eating foods in their natural season, or where possible, foods grown locally, allow the body to settle
into the rhythms and patterns of our immediate surroundings.
* Apples, pears, avocados, green grapes, limes, kiwi fruit, cabbage, broccoli, kale, sprouts, green beans,
peas, leeks spinach, herbs.
Green essential oils:
* Mint, ginger sage
Green Crystals and Stones:
* Emerald, peridot, jade, adventurine, malachite, moss agate, amazonite.
* Green gemstones are used to attract money, prosperity and wealth. They are balancing stones that
promote growth and fertility. Carry, wear or place green gemstones around your home or office to
promote balance, change and growth.
Symbolic Meanings of Green:
New life; resurrection; hope; the sea; fertility and regeneration; recycling; environmental awareness; a
lucky color; an unlucky color.
Variations of the color green:
Olive green: speaks of new beginnings, hope and peace. It is the traditional color of peace, "offering an
olive branch." There is, however, an element in this color that suggests treachery and deceit, blaming
others for its problems..
Light green: This is a soul spirit color that arouses a heightened awareness of our finer nature, our pure
goodness, generosity, attuning to our goodness on the outside. Light green takes us deeper within
ourselves showing us the perfection and light that we have always been and always will be. We discover
that we are fine just the way we are!
Lime Green: Lime green inspires youthfulness, naivety and playfulness; it is liked the most by younger
people. It creates a feeling of anticipation, and helps clear the mind of negativity.
Dark Green: There is a degree of resentment in dark green. Often used by wealthy businessmen,
ambitious and always striving for more wealth, dark green signifies greed and selfish desire. “Green with
envy” is the recognition of this. “Green around the gills” is another expression indicating an upset
condition, an approaching illness, the result of fear, or a case of biliousness.
Pale green: As the color of new growth on plants, it indicates immaturity, youthfulness and inexperience.
It allows us to see things from a new perspective, to make a fresh start
Emerald green: This is an inspiring and uplifting color suggesting abundance and wealth in all its forms,
from material wellbeing, to creative ideas.
Jade green: The color of trust and confidentiality, tact and diplomacy, jade green indicates a generosity
of spirit, giving without expecting anything in return. It increases worldly wisdom and understanding,
assisting in the search for enlightenment.
Aqua: Aqua calms the spirit, offering protection and healing for the emotions.
Yellow green: This color green suggests cowardice, conflict and fear.
Grass green: Grass green is the color of money. It is self-confident and secure, natural and healthy,
occurring in abundance in nature.