Clouds of Love
the clouds of love have gathered,
raining over me,
my soul soaked within,
green woods around.
do not be proud,
seeing your mansion.
tomorrow you will lie beneath the earth,
tufts of grass over you.
those who do not love God
know no joy –
like a guest in an empty house,
they come and depart.
Your God dwells within you
like fragrance in the flower,
musk lies within the deer,
yet seeks it afar.
Worlds pass away reading scriptures,
none the wiser.
he who understands the word `Love’
is the wise one.
The Hindu says Ram is supreme
the Muslim, Rahim.
both die fighting each other,
neither knowing the Truth.
Remembering You ever
egoless, I have merged with You.
no more the cycle of births and deaths,
wherever the eye goes I see You.
Brimming with devotion to God I am.
this world tires me no more.
a pitcher once baked, says Kabir,
needs no potter’s wheel again.
Leave a Reply
- A Sufi Dandelion Story Mulla Nasrudin decided to start a flower garden. He pre...
- The Sufi Greeting The ancient Sufi's believed that the only way to really...
- Tired of Speaking Sweetly Tired of Speaking Sweetly Love wants to reach out and...
- Elephant Wondering ELEPHANT WONDERING A seed Has sprouted beneath a gold...
- Raising Donkeys Driven by the need to achieve, we often ignore and over...
- No Tigers Here Mullah Nasruddin is both a fool and a wise man. He was...
- The Symbols of Rumi German philosopher and theologist, Rudolph Otto draws a...
- Clouds of Love Says Kabir: the clouds of love have gathered, raining...
- A Sufi Story about Competition Once upon a time, a sultan set up a competition with a...
- The Seeker and the Sufi A seeker journeyed to a far village in search of a cert...