Pack Leadership Do’s and Don’ts
Want to be the leader of your pack?
Follow these simple rules.
- Eat before you feed your dog.
- Restrict access to your bedrooms and furniture.
- Take the shortest route to your destination and make your dog move out of the way.
- Proceed first through narrow passages.
- Run the opposite direction if your dog “takes off” on a walk.
- Take your dog’s “kills” (stolen articles or food) away.
- Call your dog to you to give affection.
- Ignore or discourage pawing, nudging, and whining.
- Ignore your dog first thing in the morning, when you get home, or when you come in.
- Restrict your dog’s movements with the “long down” exercise.
- Initiate games with your dog, make sure you win them and end up with possession of the toy.
- Reward your dog for completing an exercise well.
- Feed your dog first.
- Let your dog sleep in or on your bed.
- Let your dog restrict your access to anything in the house or take up residence in a doorway.
- Let your dog bound out ahead of you.
- Chase your dog yelling “Come!”
- Allow your dog to keep or play with the “kill.”
- Go over to your dog to give affection.
- Give attention when your dog demands it.
- Make a large fuss over your dog whenever he demands that you do so.
- Give more than one command, or give up.
- Play games, especially tug of war, if you can’t win, or give the toy to your dog after the game is over.
- Give any command if you are not prepared to enforce it.
From: Cranbourne Dog Training School
Leave a Reply
- Dog Training School Pics by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Some Cute Dog Quotes by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Training Do’s and Don’ts by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Holiday Toxins and Dangers by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Four Good Reasons To Train Your Dog by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- John kleist: Dog Training School Pics
- What is a tick? Ticks are small parasitic arachnids that live by su...
- The Pack Leader’s Bill of Rights As pack leader, these are your rights. Giving these...
- Teaching Your Puppy the NO Command What it means: Stop what you are doing right now. Your...
- Dog Training School Pics I received my training in 1992 at Midwest K-9 Training...
- Pack Leadership Do’s and Don’ts Want to be the leader of your pack? Follow these sim...
- Chewing and Play Biting Chewing and play biting, how to control it and what d...
- Finding And Removing Ticks The best way to find ticks on your pet is to run yo...
- A Horoscope For Your Dog? Here's something fun for all of you astrology buffs! ...
- About Me I received my training in 1992 at Midwest K-9 Train...
- Keeping Ticks Off Your Pet Naturally The best way to keep ticks off your pet is to regularly...