“As soon as I turned the key I saw it hanging, the color of fire and sunset. the colour of flamboyant flowers. ‘If you are buried under a flamboyant tree, ‘ I said, ‘your soul is lifted up when it flowers. Everyone wants that.’
― Jean Rhys
Red is associated with the root chakra. It promotes vitality, strength, sexuality, willpower, and alertness. Red is used to counteract anemia, lack of energy, impotence, and low blood pressure. Its complement is turquoise.
Red stimulates the sensory nerves. It is beneficial in deficiencies of smell, sight, hearing, taste and touch. Red activates the circulation of the blood, excites the cerebro-spinal fluid and sympathetic nervous systems. Red is good for the muscular system and the left cerebral brain hemisphere. It is excellent for contracted muscles. Red builds the hemoglobin. It energizes the liver.
Red rays decompose the salt crystals in the body and act as a catalyst for ionization. Red is particularly useful in the absorption of iron into the body.
Red affects the circulatory system and sexuality. It stimulates the overall energy levels of the metabolism, lower extremities and most blood conditions. Red is a stimulating color. It will energize the root chakra. It warms and it activates. It awakens our physical life force.
Red strengthens the physical energy and the will of the individual. It can stimulate deeper passions, whether they be of sex and love, courage, hatred or even revenge. Red is useful in the management of stress. It also plays a key role in the health of the individual – physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually
Healing with the color red:
- It can be used with other treatment for reducing cancers.
- For cauterizing wounds, drying up weeping sores, healing wounds, diseases of the blood and circulation.
- Red will warm cold areas and can reduce pain.
- Red can be used for colds, poor circulation, anemia, and mucus ailments.
- It can help with depression.
- Anemia, poor circulation, increasing vitality.
- Red links with and stimulates the root chakra, at the base of the spine, causing the adrenal glands to release Adrenalin. This results in greater strength.
- Red causes hemoglobin to multiply, thus increasing energy and raising body temperature. It is excellent for anemia and blood-related conditions.
- It loosens, opens up clogs, releases stiffness and constrictions. It is excellent for areas that have become stiffened or constricted.
- Sometimes red will cause an intensification of pain in sensitive people, a sort of “color burn.”
- It can stimulate quick decisions or rash actions.
- Red is not normally used on people with high blood pressure or anxiety.
- Is not to be used for fresh burns or when bleeding is a problem.
- Over exposure can make you agitated or even aggressive.
- Avoid red in most cases of insanity and emotional disturbances.
- Can elevate blood pressure and respiratory rates.
- Excessive use of red will produce fever and exhaustion. It promotes hostility, anger, violence.
- Too much red can over-stimulate and aggravate certain conditions.
- High blood pressure is an indication of too much red energy within the system.
It is recommended that red be used in conjunction with blue rays. Red is balanced by the color green.
Note: This post was compiled by Shirley Twofeathers for Color Therapy, you may repost and share without karmic repercussions, but only if you give me credit and a link back to this website. Blessed be.
- Chinese Dragons and Color Unlike dragons of Western lore, fearsome symbols of evil and chaos, the Chinese dra...
- Violet vs Purple In the traditional color wheel used by painters, violet and purple are both placed...
- Foods That Are Turquoise I found almost nothing in the way of foods that are naturally a turquoise color. This...
- A to Z Healing Index Here is an A to Z list of illnesses and the colors that are used to treat them. C...
- Best colors for a closet You may not give much thought to the inside of your closets when painting a room bu...
- Purple Planet Earth The earliest life on Earth might have been just as purple as it is green today, a...
- The Colors of Hinduism Hindu deities are depicted in colors that symbolize many positive attributes. Rem...
- Migraine Cure with Red / Green I have had good success eliminating a migraine prodrome aura. I cured it by usin...
- Turquoise and Architecture Turquoise is a stone and color that is strongly associated with the domes and int...
- Making Colored Fire A campfire is magical. How the coals glow and the flames flicker and the sparks p...