The Color Violet
Violet is the color of purpose and is associated with imagination and inspiration.. Violet is associated with the
Crown chakra. This chakra is the main co-oridination center of the body and ensures you are connected to
universal sources of energy. Leonardo da Vinci proclaimed that you can increase the power of meditation ten-
fold by meditating under the gentle rays of Violet, as found in Church windows. Violet is an important energy
for those who use blue and indigo skills in the psychic field. The red in violet offers a grounding effect.
Violet is the door to the unseen. It is the color of the sky at sunset. It is a deeply healing and cleansing color
which soothes pains in body, mind, and spirit .It is said if you surround yourself with violet you will have
peace of mind.
Violet is the color of good judgment. It is the color of people seeking spiritual fulfillment.
Violet is the color of transformation. It heals melancholy, hysteria, delusions and alcohol addiction and bring
spiritual insights and renewal. This color slows down an over-active heart; stimulates the spleen and the white
blood cells (immunity). Brings sleep. Soothes mental and emotional stress. Decreases sexual activity. Decreases
sensitivity to pain. Helps in detoxification.
Violet vs Purple:
In the traditional color wheel used by painters, violet and purple are both placed between red and blue.
Purple occupies the space closer to red, between crimson and violet. Violet is closer to blue, and is usually
less intense and bright than purple. While the two colors do look similar, from the point of view of optics
there are important differences. Violet is a spectral, or real color - it occupies its own place at the end of
the spectrum of light, and it has its own wavelength (approximately 380-420 nm). It was one of the colors
of the spectrum first identified by Isaac Newton in 1672, whereas purple is simply a combination of two
colors, red and blue. There is no such thing as the "wavelength of purple light"; it only exists as a
Healing with the color violet:
* Exposure to violet light is good for mental and emotional problems, rheumatism, epilepsy, reducing pain,
deep tissue work, and bones.
* Helps with pain, is used in deep tissue work and to heal bones, suppresses appetite.
* Can promote inner peace.
* Good for migraines, analgesic, stimulates the immune system.
* Helps with spiritual healing, inner balance, a tranquilizer, promotes sleep. Sedates and subdues.
* Rebuilds the energy body template.
* Used sparingly, violet can be good for mental and nervous disorders and emotional disturbances.
* Maintains potassium balance, reduces hunger.
* Purifies the entire system.
Lavender is a traditional remedy for insomnia or restlessness at night. It is also one of the most versatile
essential oils for scratches, burns, headaches, and worry. Dried lavender flowers beside the bed, or a
drop of oil on the pillow will encourage peaceful sleep.
* Overuse can be tiring
* Do not use for depression, use green or blue instead.
Loving violet (also purple):
Colors for meditation, contemplation, mysticism, spirituality and religion power. A longing to ascend and
dissolve polarities (purple consists of the active red and passive blue), to improve the world. Reservation,
mystery and dignity. Soft, sensitive people with often paranormal abilities.
Not loving violet (also purple):
A person who has an aversion for violet / purple may have very serious attitude towards life; and may
find it difficult to give dreams, fantasies, vague fears or memories a place in it. May have tendency to
rejection everything he regards as unnatural or unrealistic.
Violet is often worn by people predisposed toward psychic matters, and is the perfect symbol of the
"higher" mind, combining as it does the earthy, fieriness of red with the cool reasonableness of blue to
forge an entirely different hue.
Questions to ask yourself when drawn to violet:
* Is there a need for self healing?
* What are you sacrificing to appear as a "good" or "helpful" person?
Put some violet in your life when:
* You wish to rebalance your life
* There is a need to speed up the natural healing of the body.
* You have a desire to use your imagination to its fullest, and apply that imagination in practical ways.
* You wish to integrate new skills into every day life.
* There is a desire to remove obstacles.
* You have a need to calm overactivity or to energize from depression or lethargy.
Foods and supplements that work in a violet way:
* There are very few foods that are a violet color, however some foods work in a "violet" way. Violet
foods have a remarkable effect on the workings of the mind.
* Purple sprouting broccoli,k plums, purple cabbage, grapes.
* Purple basil - a sacred herb of meditation
* St John's wort
Violet essential oils:
* Carnation, clove
Violet crystals and stones:
* Amethyst, Flourite, Iolite
* Violet gemstones are associated with mysticism and purification. They are used for meditation and to
sharpen psychic awareness, connection with higher self, and to increase imagination and inspiration.
Symbolic meanings of violet:
* Knowledge and intelligence; piety; sobriety; humility; temperance; peace and spirituality.
Variations of the color violet (and purple):
Mauve: Mauve helps us to make the best choices and decisions; it is concerned for justice to be done and
always does the right thing. On the other hand it can indicate a degree of commonness, the social climber
aspiring to highter ideals.
Lavender: Lavender is attracted to beautiful things. It has a fragility, sensitivity and vulnerability to it.
Lilac: Lilac implies immaturity, superficiality and youthfulness. It is extroverted and enthusiastic,
inspiring glamor, romance, and vanity.
Amethyst: A mystical color, amethyst opens intuitive channels. It protects the vulnerable and assists the
humanitarian. It is the color of the evolved soul.
Plum: An old-fashioned color, plum is honorable and linked to family traditions. It is also prudish and
narrow-minded, always preaching at you.
Deep purple: Dark purple is related to highter spiritual attainment. A powerful color, it can also indicate
arrogance and ruthlessness.