Fairy Houses In The Wild
“Do you believe in fairies?
Say quick that you believe. If you believe, clap your hands!”
– James M. Barrie
There is a book called Fairy Houses, written and illustrated by Tracy Kane about the Fairy Houses of Monhegan Island. I thought it might be fun to go out into the woods and build small houses for wild fairies out of natural materials. You could also create one or two wonderful little structures in your own back yard for the sprites who might take refuge there overnight. or even your own back yard, and create some of these wonderful little structures for the amusement of the butterflies, birds, lizards, and, yes, any fairies that may be lingering about.
Here are some photos of the Monhegan Island houses for wild fairies:
Oh, and by the way, if you do happen upon a fairy house in disrepair, please take the time to rebuild it.
Leave a Reply
- Amazing Watermelon Art Watermelons aren't just for eating! Check out these s... under Food Art
- Fairy Kittens Love these fairy kittens by Cyra R Cancel ... under Art Cats
- Watermelon Art Revisited How about some more super cool watermelon art? ... under Fun With Food
- Adorable Loris Pics Because they are so adorably cute and slow moving L... under Animals and Fur Babies
- Spectacular Winter Scenes This spectacular art is done with pencil on paper. Wo... under Pencil Art
- Fairy Houses In The Wild "Do you believe in fairies? Say quick that you believ... under Fairy Houses
- Amazing Winter Animal Photos Border collie in the snow. Lamb and burro in the b... under Animals and Fur Babies
- Glimmer Train Stories I just love these! ... under Cool Art
- Flying Yaks The Art of Wang Yiguang. How fun is this? ... under Cool Art
- Fairy Kittens Fun Fairy Kittens - Art by Cyra R Cancel under Art Cats
- Alexander from kittikitti.de: Amazing Winter Animal Photos