- ACORN is a symbol of great luck and fortune.
- ALLSPICE is burned as an incense to attract money or luck, and is also added to such mixtures.
- ALOE is hung over houses and doors in Africa to bring good luck.
- ANGELICA is considered lucky. Rub the root between your palms when you gamble or pick your lottery numbers.
- BAMBOO placed over the door is lucky, since its wood never changes color.
- BANYAN TREES bring good luck when sat under or looked at.
- BEECH, carry small pieces of the bark in your pocket for luck and success.
- BLUEBELL brings luck when it is picked up and the following words recited: “Bluebell, bluebell, bring me some luck before tomorrow night.” Slip it into your shoe to seal the spell.
- BORAGE, place fresh blossoms on an altar to bring luck and power to your spells.
- BUCKEYE, rub the buckeye with cinnamon oil and carry in the pocket to increase your luck at winning bets.
- CALAMUS brings good luck to the gardener when grown.
- CINNAMON is a favorite of many gods and goddesses, sprinkle powdered cinnamon on offerings to attract attention and win the favor of the gods.
- CLOVER or SHAMROCK is a symbol of luck, leprechauns, and wishes and is a powerful talisman to carry.
- COTTON, placed in a sugar bowl will attract good luck, as it will if cotton is thrown over the right shoulder at dawn. In the latter case, the good luck will come before the day is over.
- DAFFODIL plucked and worn next to the heart will bring good luck.
- FERN brings good luck to the person who breaks the first fern frond of Spring.
- HENNA, stain the hands with henna for luck and protection.
- HICKORY, burn hickory bark for luck and to dispel evil.
- HOLLY is carried to promote good luck, especially by men, since the holly is a ‘male’ plant. (IVY is the corresponding plant for women.) It is also hung around the house for good luck at Yule.
- HORSETAIL, carry the dried leaves in your pocket at the racetrack to pick the winners.
- HUCKLEBERRY, carry or eat the berries for good luck and protection.
- IRISH MOSS is carried or placed beneath rugs to increase luck and to ensure a steady flow of money into the house or pockets of the person.
- IVY, growing ivy brings good luck and protection to a property.
- JOB’S TEARS: Three seeds are carried for good luck.
- KAVA-KAVA tea is drunk to offer protection against evil and to invite in good luck in Polynesia.
- LUCKY HAND (hand of Power, Hand Root, Helping Hand, Salap) is the root of an orchid plant and is one of the most famous New Orleans magical botanicals. It has long been placed in sachets and conjure bags for luck and general success.
- MOJO BEANS, also called African wishing beans. Wear them in a necklace or bracelet or carry loose beans in a red conjure bag for good luck.
- MOSS taken from a gravestone and carried in your pocket, is a good ensurer of luck, especially financial luck.
- NUTMEG is a gambler’s favorite, it promotes winning in games of chance.
- OAK MOSS is great for money and luck formulas.
- OLIVE leaves, worn, bring luck.
- ORANGE PEEL is added to prosperity powders, incenses and mixtures, and the Chinese have long considered oranges symbols of luck and good fortune.
- PERSIMMON: If you wish to have good luck, bury green persimmons.
- PINEAPPLE, dried, is placed in bags and added to baths to draw good luck to the bather.
- SEAWEED, scrubbing yourself with seaweed while in the ocean brings good luck and leads to excellent employment opportunities.
- SHAMROCK or CLOVER is a symbol of luck, leprechauns, and wishes and is a powerful talisman to carry.
- SNAKEROOT, carry the root of this plant as a luck and money talisman.
- STRAW is lucky, hence it is often carried in small bags. For a home luck talisman, take a used horseshoe and some straw, sew up into a small bag, and place it above or below the bed.
- VETIVERT is carried to attract luck.
- VIOLET flowers are carried to bring changes in luck and fortune.
- WOOD ROSE is carried to attract good luck and fortune. Also place some in the home to ensure it is lucky as well.
- YELLOW SPLIT PEAS bring luck and fame.
- YERBA BUENA is added to gamblers’ luck spells to increase your chances of winning.
Note: This post was put together by Shirley Twofeathers, you may repost and share it only if you give me credit and a link back to this website. Blessed be.
Ruler: Mars, Saturn
Magickal Form: Whole or ground beans, brewed
Magickal Uses: Energy, Success, Uncrossing
- Sprinkling ground coffee in the four corners of a room, or brewing coffee in the room will make the occupants work harder.
- Add a brewed pot of coffee to the bathwater for energy. It will give you extra stamina and push you to forge ahead and work longer hours. The coffee bath is more beneficial than drinking it because it will not cause undue stress and there is no risk of overdosing.
- Carry whole coffee beans in the pocket for success in love.
- Coffee grounds can be read in the cup the same way as tea leaves.
- Coffee bean husks are highly reputed for use in uncrossing and jinx removing baths.
Collected from various sources
- Other names: Dirt Dauber Nest, Organ Pipe Wasp Nest
- Magickal uses: Help in business, Control other people
Mud Daubers and Organ Pipe Wasps are inoffensive, gentle insects that carefully build tube nests of fine clay, which they carry a bit at a time from a nearby pond to a sheltered place protected from rain and snow. The tubes are constructed of contiguous compartments, and in each compartment the wasp places a paralyzed spider, on which it lays an egg. The egg hatches into a larva, eats the spider, pupates, and then metamorphoses into a mature wasp that bites its way out of the nest.
Each compartment is used only once, but the adult wasps return to their birth places with fresh clay, and add new compartments to the old nests. They like to build under protective overhangs, and year after year, if the nests are not disturbed, generations of wasps add to these structures, so that in time, their “organ pipes” can cover a wall.
Because Dauber wasps avoid touching people and never sting unless accidentally crushed, country folks tolerate them on porches and barns under the eaves, and take pleasure in watching them at their work.
Dirt Dauber nests are broken off the wall and powdered for use, either to control people or to help in business.
Success in Business – The Dirt Dauber gets its mud off the ground but builds its nest up high, symbolizing success. Therefore, if you take Dauber Dirt, powder it with Grains of Paradise (which also symbolizes a high place) and sprinkle it up high around your new place of business, you will have success there, and the business will grow.
The magickal association between Dirt Dauber Wasps and spells for stay-at-home husbands is based on observation. These wasps are one of very few Hymenoptera in which the male stays at the nest and guards it while the female is off hunting spiders, and also because mating occurs at the nest, where it can easily be observed by human beings.
In addition, the Blue Mud Dauber specializes in killing Black Widow Spiders, which makes it a magickal ally to wives whose husbands may fall prey to the charms of a young widow woman.
If your husband runs around – not necessarily with another woman, but if he goes out with his friends, when he should be at home – you can mix Dauber Dirt from nine nest compartments that still have the larvae inside, grind them up, and add a pinch of this to his coffee every day. He will be compelled to stay at home, like the larvae in the nests.
For a woman to control her husband – Carefully remove a whole Dirt Dauber Nest, with the larvae still inside, from the wall without breaking it and place it in a teacup full of water. Let it soak for fifteen minutes, then drink the water off straight away. Repeat as necessary. This is said to cause your husband to come under your control.
A number of different spells using Mud Dauber Dirt as an ingredient can be found in the Book of Shadows.
Source: Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic
Ruler: Moon, Hathor, Venus, Mercury, Ellegua
Magickal Uses: Prosperity, Nurturing, Protection, Success
Here we have a short list of the magickal uses for various types of milk:
- Cow’s milk is one of the best magickal ingredients for spells to summon nurturing, prosperity, and protection.
- Goat’s milk brings power and success.
- Use soy milk for job success.
- Coconut milk is great for protection and spiritual cleansing.
- Black cow’s milk is milk from an all black cow.
Black Cow’s Milk Cures:
- A person who has been struck by lightning or suffers from smoke inhalation can be revived from near death by drinking a quart of Black Cow’s Milk.
- Black Cow’s Milk is used as a body wash to cure shingles.
You can bathe in all types of milk for ritual purposes. The best time for milk baths is on Mondays or new or full moons.
Imbolc is the festival of the lactating sheep. It is derived from the Gaelic word “oimelc” which means “ewes milk”. It’s a great time for crafting spells using milk.
Each month the moon waxes and wanes through its cycle, touching each star sign for a few days. As it changes rapidly, so can the emotional states of those people who have strong lunar alliances in their natal charts, hence the moons name, lunar, came from the word lunatic!
When the moon is waning, it’s on the cycle of diminishing; therefore, it’s a good time to end anything that isn’t working, which allows something new to enter your life. It’s also a prime time for clearing and cleaning.
When the moon is waxing, it’s on the cycle of becoming fuller, and thought to be a more prosperous time. This is the time for gathering up, for bringing in, for growing and adding to.
The strongest period for the full moon is the period either side of the full moon, 1-3 days. However, the period just before the full moon, keep in mind that the moon is still in its waxing cycle still becoming fuller, and directly after the full moon it then begins its waning diminishing cycle.
The new moon period is known to be a magic wish time, with its strongest time 1 to 3 days after the new moon and also just before the full moon. The time just before the full moon begins to diminish is a very powerful time to cast your dreams, goals and wishes to the universe for creation. This is one of the intense energy times to do spells, rituals, prayers and re-in force your positive thoughts.
An Eclipse signifies an intense time of energy, which can spark the beginning or end of relationships and situations, and can have an effect before and for months after the eclipse. A solar eclipse occurs on the new moon and a lunar eclipse occurs on the full moon.
Read more: NY Daily News Horoscopes
- Ruler: Sun, Mercury, all Gods and Goddesses of victory
- Element: Fire
- Type: Spice
- Magickal Form: Powder, Sticks, Essential Oil
Cinnamon is one of the herbs used throughout the Far and Middle East for purification and temple cleansing. In addition, cinnamon’s energy promotes success, healing, the raising of spiritual intent, and clear psychic vision. It is an excellent addition to almost any magickal herbal formula.
Very energizing to the human nervous system, cinnamon awakens the mind to clear and quick thought.
A favorite of many gods and goddesses, cinnamon powder is sprinkled on offerings to attract attention and win the favor of the gods. Add the oil or powder to any money or success blend to bring swift results. Before getting out of bed in the morning, rub a dab of pure essential oil onto the soles of your feet and you will be led to money during the course of your day.
Chew cinnamon sticks to summon winged Mercury for luck in creative endeavors. For victory and to increase your chances of winning, dust your hands with cinnamon powder or add a few drops of cinnamon oil to the bathwater on a Sunday or any day at sunrise.
Note: Be careful when using in oils and baths. Many people are very physically sensitive to the potency of this bark and its essential oil. Its application to the skin can cause burns.
Collected from various sources
- Magickal Purpose: Intellect, thought, mental, analysis sun, sunlight, memory and creativity
- Magickal Uses: Concentration, creativity, learning, intellectual, knowledge, understanding, astral projection, telepathy, mental abilities, thoughts. Good for students.
Use the color yellow for happiness, healing, success, and fame spells. Conception or fertility magick also use yellow. Offer five yellow fruits or vegetables to a river to protect children. Place yellow flowers in a room to stimulate creative thought. Yellow can also be effective in spells to enhance knowledge, communication skills and to give confidence and aid in visualization. The color yellow aids in repelling negative energy.
Here are the magickal correspondences for the color yellow:
- Element: Air
- Direction: East
- Chakra: Solar Plexus
- Planet: Sun
- Days: Sunday- Mental Action, Wednesday – Pysical Action
- Number: 3
- Magickal Tools: Wand, Sword
- Magickal Forms: Candle, Cloth
- Scent/Essential Oil: Lemon, Frankincense, Bay, Patchouli, Marigold, Lavender, Laurel, Cinnamon Orange Blossoms, Musk, Vanilla, Cloves.
- Plant/Herb: Laurel, Vine, Ash, Rue Marigold, St. Johns Wort, Centaury, Chamomile, Mistletoe, Saffron, Begonia, Geranium, Morning Glory, Snapdragon, Daffodil, Rosemary, Sunflower and Daisy.
- Tree/Wood: Birch, Oak, Rubber
- Animal: Phoenix, Snake, Beetle, Dragonfly, Meadowlark, Chameleon, Antelope, Snake, Crow, Bobcat, Goat, Lion, Mouse, Gull, Sea Lion, Parrot and Oriole.
- Minerals/Stones: Topaz, Yellow Diamond, Pyrite Yellow Jacinth,Rutilated Quartz, Clear Quartz, Chrysolite, Goldstone, Citrine, some Tiger Eye, Carnelian, Amber.
- Tarot Cards: The Sun, Knights, Sixes.
- Gods: Apollo, Janus,
- Goddess: Anu, Brighid, Carna, Diana. Fortuna, Syn,
- Personality: Intellectual, learn, introvert, creative, light-hearted and outgoing.
- Nature Spirits: hobgoblins (small grotesque but friendly brownie-type creatures), faeries of harvested crops.
- Herbs: honeysuckle, agrimony, lemon balm, hyssop
- Colors: silver, blue-gray
- Flowers: lotus, water lily, jasmine
- Scents: orris, frankincense
- Stones: pearl, moonstone, white agate
- Trees: oak, acacia ash
- Animals: crab, turtle, dolphin, whale
- Birds: starling, ibis, swallow
- Deities: Khepera, Athene, Juno, Hel, Holda, Cerridwen, Nephtys, Venus
Relaxed energy; preparing, succeeding. Dream work; divination and meditation on goals and plans, especially spiritual ones.