- Planet: Mars
- Ruler: Sun, Jupiter
- Element: Earth, Air
- Associated Deities: Cybele, Venus, Attis, Pan, Dionysius, Poseidon
- Type: Tree
- Parts Used: Cone, Nuts, Needles, Oil
- Basic Powers: Fertility, Purification, Cleansing, Protection, Money
Cleansing, health, and energy are the magickal properties of the pine. Pine is a spiritual cleanser. A pine wand or pine cone kept on the altar wards off evil influences. Floor washes with pine oil cleanse a space of negativity and ward off illness.
The Iroquois burned pine chips or resin when moving into a vacant house to drive out spirits. If mixed with camphor, the result is stronger. The practice of bringing cut pine branches into the home during the winter holiday season is one that promotes clearing the home of negativity and illness during the winter months.
Burn the crushed and dried needles in the winter to purify the home. This is good when mixed with equal parts juniper and cedar. The cones are carried as fertility charms, and the nuts eaten for this same reason. Pine branches are sometimes used to sweep the forest floor before performing magick outside. Add the crushed needles to the bath sachet for a good cleansing bath. Fresh pine needles in a bath remove mental negativity.
The resin of Pine may be gathered, dried, and used as an incense. It has the quality of cleansing a space of negative energy. Pine is also very effective as a counter-magick herb, repelling evil energy and returning it to its source. Throw pine needles into winter fires for protection, or burn pine incense for purification and divination.
Pine is held sacred to Poseidon, and using the pitch of the tree to caulk a boat gives it magickal protection upon the waters.
To draw money:
Because it is evergreen, pine draws steady money. The scent of pine is also believed to attract money, it is stronger when mixed with cinnamon, bayberry, or nutmeg.
For health, fertility, and protection:
Keep a perfect unopened pine cone in the home for fertility, long life, good health, and warding off the Evil Eye. If it opens and begins to shed its seeds, plant it, and replace it with a new one.
Collected from various sources
The name is said to be derived either from the fact that its whitish, blue-green color gives it the appearance of smoke rising from the ground, or, according to Pliny, because the juice of the plant brings on such a flow of tears that the sight becomes dim as with smoke, and hence its reputed use in afflictions of the eye.
According to the ancient exorcists, when the plant is burned, its smoke has the power of expelling evil spirits, it having been used for this purpose in the famous geometrical gardens of St. Gall.
Earth Smoke is also known as Fumitory. There is a legend that the plant was produced, not from seed, but from vapors arising out of the earth.
While this herb is most often used in money drawing incense formulas, it is also carried (in it’s dry form) in the shoes by salesmen for luck in making quick sales. It can also be brewed in water and the liquid sprinkled around the business premises to bring in quick money.
Formulas using Earth Smoke can be found here:
- Ruler: Sun, Mercury, all Gods and Goddesses of victory
- Element: Fire
- Type: Spice
- Magickal Form: Powder, Sticks, Essential Oil
Cinnamon is one of the herbs used throughout the Far and Middle East for purification and temple cleansing. In addition, cinnamon’s energy promotes success, healing, the raising of spiritual intent, and clear psychic vision. It is an excellent addition to almost any magickal herbal formula.
Very energizing to the human nervous system, cinnamon awakens the mind to clear and quick thought.
A favorite of many gods and goddesses, cinnamon powder is sprinkled on offerings to attract attention and win the favor of the gods. Add the oil or powder to any money or success blend to bring swift results. Before getting out of bed in the morning, rub a dab of pure essential oil onto the soles of your feet and you will be led to money during the course of your day.
Chew cinnamon sticks to summon winged Mercury for luck in creative endeavors. For victory and to increase your chances of winning, dust your hands with cinnamon powder or add a few drops of cinnamon oil to the bathwater on a Sunday or any day at sunrise.
Note: Be careful when using in oils and baths. Many people are very physically sensitive to the potency of this bark and its essential oil. Its application to the skin can cause burns.
Collected from various sources
- Magical Purpose: Nature, growth, prosperity, luck, fertility, changes, rejuvenation, jealousy, envy.
- Magickal Uses: Earth magick, Faerie magick, money, luck, fertility, faerie contact, guide contact
The color green promotes prosperity, fertility, success; stimulates rituals for good luck, money, harmony, and rejuvenation.The color of money (at least in the United States), green is the best color to work with to attract wealth. Green is also the color of healing. Use the color green in fertility rites and to open channels for new love or to heal emotional problems. Use dark green with caution, however, because it is the color of ambition, greed, and jealousy; counteracts these influences in a ritual.
Here are the magickal correspondences for the color green:
- Element: Earth
- Direction: North
- Chakra: Fourth, Heart Chakra
- Planets: Venus, Jupiter, Mars
- Days: Friday/Venus – love, friendship; Wednesday/Mercury – business transactions; Thursday/Jupiter- Luck, prosperity
- Number: 4
- Magickal Tools: Wand, Cauldron
- Magickal Forms: Candles, cloth, glitter
- Scent/Essential Oil: Elder, Mint, Musk, Sage, Vanilla, Pine, Sweetpea, Mugwort, Patchouli, Vervain, Cinnamon, Marjoram.
- Plant/Herb: Birch, Catnip, Blackberry, Coltsfoot, Foxglove, Thyme, Yarrow, Feverfew, Burdock, Pennyroyal, Plaintain, Briar, Verbena, Elder, Basil, Cedarwood, Sage, Dill, Clove and Mugwort.
- Tree/Wood: Birch, Elder, Almond, Hawthorn, Fig, Oak, Palm, Pine
- Animal: Gnomes, Dwarves, Fishes, Bee, Bull, Rabbit, Rat, Alligator, Turtle, Grasshopper, Bison, Frog.
- Stones/Minerals: Emerald, Peridot, Jade, Malachite, Coral, Green Tourmaline, Aventurine,Green Quartz, Gold, Silver, Rock Crystal, Onyx, Azurite.
- Tarot Cards: Emperor, Sevens
- Gods: Agathadaimon, Bonus, Daikoku, Eventus, Buddha, Diakoku, Gansea, Inari, Jambhala, Jupiter, Pluto, Tamon
- Goddess: Anna Koun, Anna Perenna, Benten, Brighid, Buddhi, Carna, Chala, Felicitas, Fortuna, janus, Kichijo-Ten, Lakshmi, Ops,The Muses, Vasudhara, Syn
- Personality: Extroverted, happy, optimistic, status, possessive, direct
Here are some simple spells which use ingredients found in any supermarket.
- Chocolate is excellent for money.
- Spinach can help you get a job.
- Bitter foods will make you work harder, sweet foods will ease the pressure on a workaholic (try honey, not junk food).
- Apples are sacred to Aphrodite, so cut one in half and give it to your lover to enrapture them.
- Get the one you want out of your life out of it by serving them a bowl of turnips. They’ll leave you – you won’t have to do a thing.
- Ginger tea, or bathing with ginger will relieve stress.
- Oats in a sock, popped in the bath, promotes gentleness and soft beauty.