Here is a listing of the planets and the herbs associated with them:
Sun: Acacia, Ash, Bay, Carnation, Cedar, Chamomile, Cimmamon, Hazel, Heliotrope, Juniper, Marigold, Misteltoe, Oak, Orange, Pam, Peony, Rice, Rosemary, Saffron, Sunflower, Tea, Walnut
Moon: Aloe, Cotton, Dulse, Eucalyptus, Gardenia, Grape, Irish Moss, Jasmine, Lemon, Liiy, Myrrh, Poppy, Potato, Sandalwood, Willow
Mercury Almond, Aspen, Bittersweet, Brazil Nut, Caraway, Clover, Dill, Fennel, Fern, Flax, Lavendar, Mandrake, Marjoram, Mint, Mulberry, Parsley, Pecan, Senna
Venus: Apple, Apricot, Avocado, Barley, Birch, Blackberry, Cherry, Corn, Cowslip, Daffodil, Daisy, Elder, Foxglove, Goldenrod, Iris, Lilac, Magnolia, Oats, Pea, Peach, Plum, Raspberry, Rose, Sugar Cane, Thyme, Vanilla, Violet, Willow
Mars: Allspice, Basil, Briony, Broom, Carrot, Chili Pepper, Dragon’s Blood, Ginger, Holly, Hops, Onion, Pennyroyal, Pine, Reed, Thistle, Woodruff
Jupiter: Anise, Bodhi, Chestnut, Clove, Honeysuckle, Maple, Meadowsweet, Nutmeg, Sage, Witch Grass
Saturn: Amaranth, Beech, Belladonna, Cypress, Elm, Hellebore, Ivy, Lady’s Slipper, Mimosa, Pansy, Patchouli, Tamarisk, Yew
Found at: Magic Spells
- Ruler: Fairies, Venus
- Element: Air
- Planet: Mercury
- Type: Herb
- Magickal Form: Leaf – fresh or dried, Essential Oil
Thyme was called thymos by the Greeks, which meant “fumigate”. They associated thyme with valor in battle, and the restoration of physical power. Roman soldiers were known to bathe in a decoction of thyme before going into combat, to boost strength and courage. The Sumerians used it as an antiseptic, and in Egypt, thyme was one of the herbs which was used in the mummification process.
Thyme cleanses and renews the spirit and calls angelic forces to one’s aid. Long utilized in the energy cleansing and clearing of temples in Greece, thyme can be burned or strewn to disperse stagnant vibrations and invite the new. Bathe in the oil for serious purification after you have come in contact with death.
Thyme can be used in healing rituals, or to bring about restful sleep. Women who wear thyme on their person are irresistible to men, and carrying sprigs in your pocket aids in developing your psychic abilities. Burn some thyme to help boost your courage before confrontations. Add this herb to foods to increase your awareness, sight, and memory.
It is also used in love spells to invoke more gentleness and understanding into a relationship.
Attractive to the fairy folk, thyme can be grown in the garden to entice their plant blessings, and a little thyme under the tongue allows one to see them more clearly.
An herb that helps connect with psychic consciousness, thyme in a divination formula aids the mind in understanding and deciphering psychic visions and impressions.
Burn as incense or wear to attract good health. Place a sprig beneath your pillow to ensure dream-free sleep. It is frequently burned before ritual to cleanse the area. Burn when asking advice of loved ones who have passed on.
Compiled from various sources.
- Magickal Purpose: Orange’s uses in magic are for breaking spells, promoting personal creativity, increasing memory, healing nervous disorders, controlling runaway emotions, travel, writing, business transactions and obtaining information.
- Magickal Uses: Personal creativity, career, legal issues, business
Orange is a male color. The color orange symbolizes success, energy, spiritual evolution, and creativity. Orange is the color of mental agility, eloquence and speech, health, ambition, personal creativity, balancing business, legal problems, memory and sharing. Orange combines the intellect of yellow with the vitality of red.
Orange’s uses in magic are for breaking spells, promoting personal creativity, increasing memory, healing nervous disorders, controlling runaway emotions, career, legal issues, balance and neutrality, organization, travel, writing, business transactions and obtaining information.
Here are the magickal correspondences for the color Orange:
- Element: Air/Fire
- Direction: East/South
- Chakra: Spleen Chakra
- Planets: Mercury, Mars, Saturn
- Tuesday – Physical Action,
- Wednesday – Mental Action,
- Sunday – Both Actions
- Number: 2
- Magickal tools: Wand and Censer
- Scent/Essential Oil: Dill, Lily of the Valley, Savory, Honeysuckle, Sweetpea, Jasmine
- Plant/Herb: Fern, Lily of the Valley, Marjoram Savory, Valerian, Vervain, Alstonia, Buckwheat, Calamint, Snapdragon, Flax, Senna, Wandering Jew, Mugwort, Rue, the same as the Red and Yellow for enhancements, Fenugreek, Gardenia.
- Tree/Wood: Hazel, Beech, Lemon Tree, Maple, Lime tree, Orange Tree.
- Animal: All of the RED animals, Swallow, Prairie Dog, Butterfly, Scallop, Bison, Butterfly, Catbird, Crane, Fox (clarity), Hawk, Martin, Prairie Dog and Squirrel.
- Minerals/Stones: Moss Agate, Carnelian, Alexandrite, Orange Sapphire, Quartz, Orange Calcite, Petrified Wood
- Tarot Cards: The Eights.
- Gods: Atlas, Janus, Terminus, Pan, Zeus,
- Goddess: Athena, Bast, Carna, Diana, Lilith, Kali, Melusine, Minerva, Rhiannon, Syn
- Personality: Agreeable, extroverted, excitable, sociable
- Magickal Purpose: Emotion, healing, mental, calming, tranquility, sleep, peace, loyalty, good will, purifying and protection, hope, sincerity, truth and patience, Poet or Bard, communication mental, written and oral skills Sleep, twilight
- Magickal Uses: Water magick. Balance, healing, peace and patience, communications, health friendships, dreams, sleep, inspiration, harmony in the home, meditations. Since it is traditional to surround your magickal circle with candles representing each of the four directions, and since blue is the color of water (west) and sky (east), use a blue candle to represent either of these quarters.
Sensitivity, intellect, protection, calmness, benevolence, and wisdom are all invoked through the color blue. Eat blue foods, like blueberries, or blue corn, to alleviate stress. Burn blue candles to get out of harm’s way or bring a judgment in your favor. Visualize the color blue while taking a test, at it increases mental activity and relaxes and opens brain centers. Blue is a primary spiritual color; use it in rituals to obtain harmony, inner light, or peace. Blue is also a healing color and confers truth and guidance.
Variations of the color blue and their attributes:
- Royal Blue: Healing, Promotes laughter and joviality; loyalty; use to attract Jupiter energy, or whenever an influence needs to be increased.
- Light Blue: Healing, Spiritual color; helpful in devotional or inspirational meditations; brings peace and tranquility to the home; radiates Aquarius energy; employ where a situation must be synthesized.
- Dark blue: Healing, Spells for creativity, peace and communication. Also for deep meditation and karma work.
Here are the magickal correspondences for the color blue:
- Element: Water
- Direction: West
- Chakra: Fifth, Throat Chakra
- Planets: Jupiter, Neptune, Mercury, Moon
- Monday/Moon, Light Blues – peace, patience;
- Wednesday/Mercury, Blues – friendships, creativity, dreams;
- Thursday/Jupiter, Royal Blue – honor, happiness;
- Saturday/Saturn, Dark Blues – communication
- Number: 3
- Magickal Tools: Wand, Cauldron, Chalice
- Scent/Essential Oils: Lily of the Valley, Honeysuckle, Cedar, Basil, Jasmine, Sweetpea, Lotus
- Plant/Herbs: Carnation, Honeysuckle, Orange, Heather, Cypress, Hazel, Oak Moss, Mallow, Aloe Vera, Buttercup(communication), Daffodil and Baby’s Breath
- Tree/Wood: Cedar
- Animal: Dolphin, Whale, Mermaid, BlueJay, Gull, Giraffe, Robin, Deer, Ass, Clam, Lizard and the Frog
- Combinations: Use blue, black, and white together for change and easy transition
- Minerals/Stones: Azurite, Turquoise, Coral, Blue, Opal, Tanzanite, Sapphire, Chrysacola, Hematite, Sodalite, Blue Lace Agate, Lapis Lazuli (children), Aguamarine, Sapphire.
- Tarot Cards: The Heirophant, Cups
- Gods: Apollo, Asclepius, Bannick, Ceadda, Dabog, Dianceht, Esculapius, Forseti, Gucumatz, Hastehogan Lares, Kuan Ti, Penates, Tien Kuan
- Goddess: Alcyone, Aphrodite, Artemis, Bannick, Brigid, Cardea, Concordia, Dugnia, Eir, Gula, Harmonia, Hestia, Hygenia, Karusepas, Kedesh,Kikimora, Kwan Yin, Liban, Meditrina, Neith, Pax, Rhiannon, Salus, Vesta
- The Personality: Sensitivity, introspection, communication .This person has the sensitivity of a poet or an artist. Loves family and home. Is loyal, conscientious and observant. Also, may be a little more psychic than he/she believes themselves to be.