- Magickal Purpose: Justice, royalty, the psychic, meditation, idealism, mysticism, guidance, divination.
- Magickal Uses: Protection, justice power, spirit contact, breaking of bad luck, drive away evil, divination, spiritual and psychic powers, Astral Projection. This color is good to use when you don`t have a white candle.
Purple is the color of power, influence, success, idealism, psychic manifestations, prophecy, and wisdom. Burn purple candles to increase business. It is ideal for rituals to secure ambitions, independence, financial rewards, or to make contact with the spiritual other world.
Purple is also a great color for those pursuing higher education. Use purple candles in love spells to make a partner stay at home and remain faithful. Purple altar cloths are the best choice for psychic work or to wrap up tarot cards. This color increases Neptune energy.
Here are the magickal correspondences for the color purple:
- Element: Air
- Direction: East
- Chakra: Brow Chakra
- Planet: Jupiter
- Day: Thursday
- Number: 7
- Magickal Tools: Wand, Cauldron
- Scent/Essential Oils: Cedar, Carnation, Nutmeg Lotus, Angelica, Bay, Cinnamon, Ginger, Sandalwood, Jasmine.
- Plant/Herb: Mimosa, Wisteria, Mugwort Hazel, Eyebright, Rowan, Elder, Rue, Shamrock, Clover, Oak, Dandelion, Betony, Meadowsweet, Begonia, Cactus, Dahlia, Iris, Violet.
- Tree/Wood: Willow, Lilac, and Mulberry.
- Animal: Elephant, Unicorn, Rabbit, Jaguar, Chickadee, Cuckoo, Eagle, Elk, Penguin, Vulture, Grasshopper, Chameleon, Lizard.
- Feather: Spirituality, religion
- Minerals/Stones: Amethyst, Sapphire, Lapis Lazuli and Beryl, Clear Quartz, All Opals
- Tarot: Justice, Fours.
- God: Anase, Apollo, Forseti, Ida-ten, Mishara, Mithras, Musku, Tyr, Varuna
- Goddess: Aleitheia, Astraea, Athene, Hecate, Justita, Kali, Maiat, Mens, Morrigan, Syn, Oya
- Personality: Proud, independent, mystical arts, religious nature. This Person will not turn a blind eye, if they feel a cause of action is wrong, no matter the side they take.
- Magickal Purpose: Gain strength and become more connected to the earth.
- Magickal Uses: Centering, grounding, building, study, house and home, the accumulation of money and material things, healing plants and animals, finding lost items, gardening and decision-making.
The color brown is used in magick to gain strength and become more connected to the earth. Brown autumn leaves placed upon an altar will enable greater endurance and protection during the winter months. Burning brown candles normally separates individuals, but in Pennsylvania hex magick, the color is used to promote serious relationships between men and women. It is the color of deep abiding and committed love.
Brown is a female color. It is the color of the Earth’s energy, grounding, exercise, organization, solidity, the soil, practicality, solitude and honesty. Brown combines the prosperity of green with the intellect of yellow. Brown is used in magick primarily for centering, grounding, building, study, house and home, the accumulation of money and material things, healing plants and animals, finding lost items, gardening and decision-making.
The color brown is indicated for rituals of material increase, justice and retribution. This color eliminates indecisiveness; improves powers of concentration, study, telepathy; increases financial success; and locates objects that have been lost. Brown is also a good color for animal healing.
Here are the magickal correspondences for the color brown:
- Element: Earth
- Direction: North
- Chakra: Feet, Foot Chakras
- Planets: Earth
- Mondays/Mondays – Tan Browns
- Friday/Venus – All Browns
- Saturday/Saturn – Dark Browns
- Number: 2 and 3
- Magickal tools: Wand, Salt and Goblet
- Scent/Essential Oil: Birch, Cherry, Cloves Lilac, Rosemary, Orange Blossom, Bergamot, Comfrey, Linden, Patchouli and Myrrh.
- Plant/Herb: Corn, Tansy, Ginseng, Willow, Lily, Ivy, Grains, Oats, Mushrooms, Orange Tree, Almond, Begonia, Daisy, Brown includes all of the aspects of yellow and green.
- Animal: Toads, Cowbird, Faeries, Dog, Ostrich, Gnomes, Wolf, Bison, Elves, Pigeon, Horse, Deer,Pelican, Turkey, Woodpecker, Ants, Snake Pheasant, Beaver, Goat, Moose Cow and Bull.
- Minerals/Stones: Petrified Wood, Rock Crystal, Smokey Quartz, Amber, some Tiger Eye, Sandstone, Granite, Pumice, and Turquoise.
- Tarot Cards: the four Pages and the four Tens.