- Ruler: Jupiter, Hecate
- Element: Air
- Planet: Sun
- Type: Herb
- Parts Used: Fresh sprigs, Dried power, Leaf, Essential Oil
A favorite herb of witches, rosemary also has a long history of being used to counteract bad spells and block their powers. Hang fresh or dried sprigs of rosemary in your home to dispel witchcraft and evil plots. Carry the leaves in a red cloth bag for protection.
The reviving scent of rosemary stimulates the memory and thought processes. Rub the oil into yellow candles and light on a Thursday to improve your study habits and grades. Season food with dried ground rosemary to improve your memory and increase your clarity.
Its scent when burned or added to any herbal preparation adds an energy of protection and purification to a space. The oil applied directly to rashes and skin blemishes clears the area, and when inhaled, its aroma aids the memory and brain functions.
Sprinkling rosemary leaves over a grave brings comfort to the dead and memories for the ones left behind. Rosemary placed in a bath before bedtime wards away nightmares, and when carried in an Herbal Amulet, it gives confidence and courage.
As for Rosmarine, I lett it runne all over my garden walls, not onlie because my bees love it, but because it is the herb sacred to remembrance, and therefore, to friendship…
~Sir Thomas More
Leave a Reply
- Heather Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Correspondences for Litha by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Purple Loosestrife Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- The Cat as a Magickal Ingredient by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Boneset Magick and Lore by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment