- Ruler: Aphrodite / Venus / Mars
- Element: Water
- Planet: Venus
- Type: Spice
- Magickal Form: Ground or whole leaves, Essential Oil
- Magickal Uses: Grieving, Happiness, Love, Money, Protection, Psychic Development, Psychic Protection, Tranquility, Weddings
From the Greek word Eros (mountain) and ganos (joy) it was given the name “joy of the mountain.” The Greeks believed when Marjoram sprung from graves, their loved ones were happy in the after life. In Greek weddings couples wore the herb to symbolize the joyful event.
Perfect as an addition to any herbal love combination, marjoram is sacred to the Goddess Aphrodite. An herb that blends the potent energies of Venus and Mars, marjoram brings strength to the union of marriage. Add marjoram to food to promote love and happiness between family members, and strengthen relationships.
Legend has it that if you anoint yourself with Marjoram before bed, you will dream of your future spouse.
It is a great herb to burn before saying “I love you” to a partner for the first time because it guarantees that these words will be mirrored back.. It is woven into bridal wreaths to bring joy to the marriage. Marjoram should be added to all love charms and sachets.
Burned as an offertory, it promotes spiritual bliss and connection to the Divine. As a symbol of familial love, marjoram sprinkled around the perimeter of the home or grown by the front door protects the inhabitants. Grown in the garden, placed around the house or carried, it shields from evil energies.
When placed inside a coffin with the deceased or grown on top of a grave, this herb is said to deliver the soul safely to the next world. Marjoram brings happiness. When carried by living persons, it cures depression. In case you’re confused about the use for both grieving and happiness, it is meant to restore happiness to the grief-stricken.
Put Marjoram around every room of your house for protection from negativity and evil intent. A bit in each room will aid in protection of the home. Mix it with violets when doing this to protect the family from colds and flu. During the winter make an amulet of marjoram and violets to guard against colds.
More Magickal uses for Marjoram:
- Use it in a bath by placing a mesh bag under the tap water for love and peace.
- Add to money sachets and mixtures.
- Burn it over a burner for help in accepting life changes and for anti-sorcery spells.
- When combined with thyme becomes a powerful spring cleanser.
- Given to a depressed person, marjoram brings happiness.
- Carry it in a sachet to protect against evil.
- Grown in the garden it offers shielding powers against evil.
Information gathered from a variety of sources.
- Ruler: Sun, Mercury, all Gods and Goddesses of victory
- Element: Fire
- Type: Spice
- Magickal Form: Powder, Sticks, Essential Oil
Cinnamon is one of the herbs used throughout the Far and Middle East for purification and temple cleansing. In addition, cinnamon’s energy promotes success, healing, the raising of spiritual intent, and clear psychic vision. It is an excellent addition to almost any magickal herbal formula.
Very energizing to the human nervous system, cinnamon awakens the mind to clear and quick thought.
A favorite of many gods and goddesses, cinnamon powder is sprinkled on offerings to attract attention and win the favor of the gods. Add the oil or powder to any money or success blend to bring swift results. Before getting out of bed in the morning, rub a dab of pure essential oil onto the soles of your feet and you will be led to money during the course of your day.
Chew cinnamon sticks to summon winged Mercury for luck in creative endeavors. For victory and to increase your chances of winning, dust your hands with cinnamon powder or add a few drops of cinnamon oil to the bathwater on a Sunday or any day at sunrise.
Note: Be careful when using in oils and baths. Many people are very physically sensitive to the potency of this bark and its essential oil. Its application to the skin can cause burns.
Collected from various sources
Allspice is widely considered to be lucky and is used by many people for the purpose of bringing good fortune in business, money matters, and games of chance. Allspice berries are also known to relax the mind. Other names for this common spice include the following:
- Jamaica Pepper
- Clove Pepper
This aromatic spice is especially effective when cooked in water in a double boiler to fill a room with its scent. Doing so opens the brain centers to greater achievement and creates a happy, efficient work environment.
Other ways to use it include the following:
- Add Allspice to any success formula to increase chances of beating out the competition.
- Carry the whole berries in your pocket to improve your chances on interview or winning clients and making sales.
- Some folks carry a cloth packet of Allspice berries on their person to ease their minds when they are under stress.
- Sprinkle the powder across a place of business or dust the hands when you want to succeed.
For winnings in games of chance (cards, slots, keno, dice, the racetrack, the lottery, and bingo) carry Allspice berries in a small green flannel bag.
To enhance your chances of winning, add one or more of the following lucky money herbs: Nutmeg, Chamomile, Bayberry, Cinnamon, Alfalfa, Irish Moss, John the Conqueror. Before handling your cash (ticket, cards, etc), recite the 23rd Psalm while concentrating on your desires.
If you have access to a living Allspice tree, crush a leaf between your fingers and rub a little behind your ears when preparing to go on a date or interview. It’s guaranteed to make you more appealing.