It is said that if a human drinks from fairy wine, he or she will see fairies. If a fairy happens to drink from the same goblet, then the person will see fairies forevermore. The following is a traditional recipe for fairy wine.
- 7 lbs. elderberries, stripped and stalked
- 3 gallons boiling water
- 6 cloves
- 3 lbs. loaf sugar
- 1 lb. seedless raisins
- 1/2 oz. ground ginger
- 1/2 oz. yeast
Place the berries in a large pot, and cover with the boiling water. Let the pot rest for twenty-four hours, then mash the fruit and strain it through a jelly bag. Place the strained fruit back in the pan, and add the cloves, sugar, raisins, and ginger. Boil this mixture for one hour, skimming constantly. Let it cool, and add the yeast. Bottle and cork the mixture, and let it rest for at least three months.
~courtesy of Tammy Sullivan
When you burn dried herbs or resins, you’ll need a heat tolerant vessel. Traditionally this is an abalone shell with a bit of sand in the bottom. You might also use a charcoal disc beneath the herbs to keep them smoking, especially in the case of resins. Here are some plants commonly used as incense and their magickal uses:
- Allspice: Attracting money, good luck, and providing extra physical energy.
- Arabic(gum): Attracting money, good luck, and providing extra physical energy.
- Bay: Purification, healing, protection, and enhancing psychic powers.
- Benzoin: Purification, prosperity, and increasing mental powers.
- Cedar: Purification, protection, speed healing, promoting spirituality, and obtaining money.
- Clove: Protection, exorcism, money, love, and purification.
- Copal: Protection, cleansing, purification, spirituality, and purifying quartz crystals and other stones before use in magic ritual.
- Dragon’s Blood: Love, protection, sexual prowess, and exorcism.
- Fern: House purification, or, when burned outdoors, bringing rain.
- Frankincense: Protection, spirituality, love, exorcism, and consecration.
- Juniper: Exorcism, protection, healing, and love.
- Lavender: Peace, restful sleep and happiness. Relief of insomnia, depression, grief, sorrow and anxiety.
- Mugwort: Used to cleanse space of negative energies. When burned before bedtime, known to stimulate dreams.
- Myrrh: Healing, protection, peace, consecration, exorcism, and meditation.
- Pine: Money, healing, exorcism, and purification.
- Rose: Who knew people burn dried rose petals for incense? Attracts love, enhances a romantic environment. Also used for meditation and encouraging peace.
- Rosemary: Protection, purification, healing, exorcism, and to induce sleep; to restore or maintain youth, bring love, and increase mental and intellectual powers.
- Sage: Spirituality and to promote healing.
- Sandalwood: Spirituality, healing, protection, and exorcism.
- Sweetgrass: Attracts positive energy into the space. Is good for cleansing sacred space.
- Thyme: Purification, promoting health, and healing.
Make a strong infusion by pouring boiling water over dragon’s tears (dragon’s blood resin). Add this to a bucket of floor wash rinse water with vinegar and scrub away.
- Dragon’s Blood resin (powdered if possible)
- Colorlesss alcohol (such as vodka)
- Tightly sealable jar
- one cinnamon stick (chipped) or 15 cloves or one vanilla bean (chipped) or 9 coffee beans (crushed).
Pour the resin and spices into the jar. Pour in just enough alcohol to cover the resin/spices mixture plus 10% more. Seal the jar. The resin will leach it’s color into the alcohol, faster if it is a powder than if it is resin chunks. The spices will leach their scent into the ink at the same time.
When you think it is dark enough, dip a sterile toothpick into the liquid, and test on the paper you intend to use it with. Let dry: is it indeed dark enough, or does it need more steeping? Continue steeping and testing.
When it is done, strain to remove the resin and spices. Return the liquid to the bottle, use for writing. Be advised that this is not a sun-fast ink, so it should not be used for things that will spend a great deal of time in the direct sunlight.
By: Susan Profit
- 1 cup salt
- 4 drops rose oil
- 4 drops synthetic musk oil
- 8 drops jasmine oil
- 4 drops lavender oil
- 4 drops frangipani oil
Lightly mix the ingredients together and place them in a jar for storage. Add to bath water for a beauty enhancement and to draw love into your life.
From: Moon Magick
Add these essential oils to 1/8 cup of a base oil. Visualize as you mix and smell. For best results, don’t use synthetics
- 4 drops Rosemary
- 2 drops Juniper
- 1 drop Sandalwood
Wear to speed healing.
From: Mystic Ways Wiki
- Make a mild infusion of Calendula flowers.
- Soak cotton pads in this infusion.
- Place one over each eye to be granted a vision of the fairies.
This simple and easy to make medicine bag is specifically for, and said to especially provide relief for seizure disorders. Here’s how to make it:
- Gather Vervain when the sun and/or moon are in Aries.
- Carry the botanical in a bag with a kernel of corn or a piece of grain, plus a one year old penny or other coin of trivial value.
Collect rainwater, ideally within a stone vessel.
Prepare yourself prior to preparing the water; bathe in Fiery Wall of Protection, Dragon’s Blood, or lots and lots of salt, while reciting psalms and/or sacred verses.
Prepare the water sky-clad (nude) or in clean ritual clothing. Where ritual clothing is not used, fresh, clean clothing, preferably white and made from natural fabrics is favored.
Ladle the collected rainwater into a glass or crystal bowl. Place the bowl of water between two white candles. Light incense first (frankincense, copal, benzoin, and/or white sage) and then the candles.
Pass the bowl of water through the incense smoke. Visualize why you’re preparing this water. Visualize the results this water will bring.
Return the bowl to its place between the candles and leave everything in place until the candles burn out. Bottle the water.
- Sea Salt
- Water (not bottled – tap water is fine)
- Cross or Crucifix
- Latin Prayers (see below )
Add your salt to the water – 2 parts water to 1 part salt. Place your cross beside your water. Now pray over your water using these prayers. Say them in Latin, the translation is provided so that you will know what you are actually saying..
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.
PATER NOSTER, qui es in caelis, sanctificetur nomen tuum. Adveniat regnum tuum. Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra. Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie, et dimitte nobis debita nostra sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris. Et ne nos inducas in tentationem, sed libera nos a malo. Amen.
OUR FATHER, Who art in heaven hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil. Amen.
AVE MARIA, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Domini nostri, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen.
HAIL, MARY, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of our Lord, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Found at: Group Recipes