- 45 drops lemon or lavender oil
- 1 cup oak moss
- 2 cups dried lavender
- 2 cups dried wisteria
- 2 cups dried verbena
Mix the lemon or lavender oil with the oak moss, and then add the remaining ingredients. Stir the potpourri well and store in a tightly covered ceramic or glass container.
From: The Wicca Spellbook
This can only be created on the fifth day of the fifth month of the Chinese lunar calendar, the only day that ordinary grass allegedly possesses special magic properties. In 2016, it occurred on June 9; in 2017, on May 30, and in 2018 it falls on June 18. The instructions must be followed exactly.
- Rise early on that morning.
- Walk exactly one hundred paces into a field without turning your head.
- Pluck exactly one hundred blades of grass.
- Take these home and place them in a pot of spring water.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Strain, reserving the liquid and discarding the grass.
- Boil the liquid once more, let it cool and bottle.
Hundred Grass Lotion is used as a remedy for aura repair, nervous disorders and headaches that resist other cures. It is not to be confused with Hindu Grass Oil, which is a Hoodoo formula similar to Van Van.
Found in: Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells
Take a glazed pan half full of olive oil. Put in sweet mint leaves bruised. Place pan in hot water bath. Stir occasionally. After four or five hours pour into linen bag and squeeze grease through into pot again and fill with fresh leaves. Repeat until grease is strongly scented.
Do same with marjoram, thyme and pounded dried patchouli leaves, if you have them (for they be best of all). When strongly scented, mix all the oils together and keep in a well-stoppered jar.
Anoint behind ears, throat, breasts and womb. In rites where Blessed be … may be said, anoint knees and feet, as also for rites connected with journeys or war.
Here is a recipe for an herbal uncrossing vinegar you can use all year long. In a decorative jar or bottle, place 3 garlic cloves, 3 peppercorns, sprigs of rosemary, sage, and thyme, and a pinch of sea salt. Cover with vinegar. Close the lid and seal it with melted wax. Hold it in your hands and charge it with the following:
“Vinegar strong and herbs of power,
I charge you now within this hour.
Uncross, uncross, with powers imbue,
I charge you now, uncrossing brew.”
Leave the vinegar to sit undisturbed for one month, then break the seal and use it for uncrossing spells. Pour some over your doorstep to protect you from negative vibes. Write down your troubles and cover the list in the vinegar. Mix a little with water for a floor wash. Get creative.
It is said that if a human drinks from fairy wine, he or she will see fairies. If a fairy happens to drink from the same goblet, then the person will see fairies forevermore. The following is a traditional recipe for fairy wine.
- 7 lbs. elderberries, stripped and stalked
- 3 gallons boiling water
- 6 cloves
- 3 lbs. loaf sugar
- 1 lb. seedless raisins
- 1/2 oz. ground ginger
- 1/2 oz. yeast
Place the berries in a large pot, and cover with the boiling water. Let the pot rest for twenty-four hours, then mash the fruit and strain it through a jelly bag. Place the strained fruit back in the pan, and add the cloves, sugar, raisins, and ginger. Boil this mixture for one hour, skimming constantly. Let it cool, and add the yeast. Bottle and cork the mixture, and let it rest for at least three months.
~courtesy of Tammy Sullivan
When you burn dried herbs or resins, you’ll need a heat tolerant vessel. Traditionally this is an abalone shell with a bit of sand in the bottom. You might also use a charcoal disc beneath the herbs to keep them smoking, especially in the case of resins. Here are some plants commonly used as incense and their magickal uses:
- Allspice: Attracting money, good luck, and providing extra physical energy.
- Arabic(gum): Attracting money, good luck, and providing extra physical energy.
- Bay: Purification, healing, protection, and enhancing psychic powers.
- Benzoin: Purification, prosperity, and increasing mental powers.
- Cedar: Purification, protection, speed healing, promoting spirituality, and obtaining money.
- Clove: Protection, exorcism, money, love, and purification.
- Copal: Protection, cleansing, purification, spirituality, and purifying quartz crystals and other stones before use in magic ritual.
- Dragon’s Blood: Love, protection, sexual prowess, and exorcism.
- Fern: House purification, or, when burned outdoors, bringing rain.
- Frankincense: Protection, spirituality, love, exorcism, and consecration.
- Juniper: Exorcism, protection, healing, and love.
- Lavender: Peace, restful sleep and happiness. Relief of insomnia, depression, grief, sorrow and anxiety.
- Mugwort: Used to cleanse space of negative energies. When burned before bedtime, known to stimulate dreams.
- Myrrh: Healing, protection, peace, consecration, exorcism, and meditation.
- Pine: Money, healing, exorcism, and purification.
- Rose: Who knew people burn dried rose petals for incense? Attracts love, enhances a romantic environment. Also used for meditation and encouraging peace.
- Rosemary: Protection, purification, healing, exorcism, and to induce sleep; to restore or maintain youth, bring love, and increase mental and intellectual powers.
- Sage: Spirituality and to promote healing.
- Sandalwood: Spirituality, healing, protection, and exorcism.
- Sweetgrass: Attracts positive energy into the space. Is good for cleansing sacred space.
- Thyme: Purification, promoting health, and healing.
Make a strong infusion by pouring boiling water over dragon’s tears (dragon’s blood resin). Add this to a bucket of floor wash rinse water with vinegar and scrub away.
- Dragon’s Blood resin (powdered if possible)
- Colorlesss alcohol (such as vodka)
- Tightly sealable jar
- one cinnamon stick (chipped) or 15 cloves or one vanilla bean (chipped) or 9 coffee beans (crushed).
Pour the resin and spices into the jar. Pour in just enough alcohol to cover the resin/spices mixture plus 10% more. Seal the jar. The resin will leach it’s color into the alcohol, faster if it is a powder than if it is resin chunks. The spices will leach their scent into the ink at the same time.
When you think it is dark enough, dip a sterile toothpick into the liquid, and test on the paper you intend to use it with. Let dry: is it indeed dark enough, or does it need more steeping? Continue steeping and testing.
When it is done, strain to remove the resin and spices. Return the liquid to the bottle, use for writing. Be advised that this is not a sun-fast ink, so it should not be used for things that will spend a great deal of time in the direct sunlight.
By: Susan Profit
- 1 cup salt
- 4 drops rose oil
- 4 drops synthetic musk oil
- 8 drops jasmine oil
- 4 drops lavender oil
- 4 drops frangipani oil
Lightly mix the ingredients together and place them in a jar for storage. Add to bath water for a beauty enhancement and to draw love into your life.
From: Moon Magick
Add these essential oils to 1/8 cup of a base oil. Visualize as you mix and smell. For best results, don’t use synthetics
- 4 drops Rosemary
- 2 drops Juniper
- 1 drop Sandalwood
Wear to speed healing.
From: Mystic Ways Wiki