This was posted on my old blogger blog on Monday, December 21, 2009. It’s pretty funny, and relevant to something else I’m going to post, so I’m sharing it here. The “ask a fictional character widgets” mentioned are no longer viable… I wish they were. Looks like I might have to make some of my own. But that’s for another time. Anyway, here it is:
In case you weren’t paying attention, I posted a whole bunch of silly widgets and other stuff on facebook, Gypsy Magic, and yes… here too. Suddenly it occurred to me that maybe I was just fooling around and maybe I should get busy and go Christmas Shopping. But I didn’t want to stop, I thought maybe… who knows… what I’ve been posting might actually have some value.
So I asked Tony Soprano if anyone was even going to read a single one of my facebook posts today and he had this to say:
I doubt it. — You don’t shit where you eat. And you really don’t shit where I eat.
Hmmmm… have I been posting shit on facebook all morning? I decided that maybe I should ask Buffy if Tony Soprano was right. Here’s what she said:
Yes, without a doubt. — If I was any more open-minded about the choices you two make, my whole brain would fall out.
When I quit laughing so hard that I spit coffee out my nose, it occurred to me to ask Tony Montana what he thought about the whole thing and he said this:
It’s hard to say. — I got ears, ya’ know. I hear things.
LOL… too funny!!! I love these widgets!! Those question mark chairs are cool too!
I have been on this planet for more than a half a century, and I still have so many unanswered questions!!!! I still haven’t found out who let the Dogs Out…where’s the beef…how to get to Sesame Street… why Dora doesn’t just use Google Maps…
But wait there’s more:
- Why do all flavors of fruit loops taste exactly the same?
- How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?
- Why are eggs packaged in a flimsy paper carton, but batteries are secured in plastic that’s tough as nails, yet light bulbs too are in a flimsy carton…
- Ever buy scissors? You need scissors to cut into the packaging of scissors…
- I still don’t understand why there is Braille on drive up ATM’s or at the toll booth on the interstate.
- Why is “abbreviated” such a long word?
- Why is there a D in ‘fridge’ but not in refrigerator?
- Why is lemon juice is made with artificial flavor, yet dish-washing liquid is made with real lemons?
- Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections? Really?
- Why do you have to “put your two cents in” but it’s only a “penny for your thoughts” where’s that extra penny going?
- Why does The Alphabet Song and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star have the same tune… Why did you just try to sing those two previous songs…
- And just what is Victoria’s secret?
- What would you do for a Klondike bar and you know as soon as you bite into it it falls apart…
- Why do we drive on Parkways and park on Driveways?
Do you really think I am this witty?? … I actually got this from a friend, who stole it from her brother’s girlfriend’s, uncle’s cousin’s, baby mamma’s doctor who lived next door to an old class mate’s mail man…Now it is your turn to take it from me…Peace!!