Frequently Asked Questions
I asked the I Ching Oracle:
What simple thing could I actually do today to make this a really good day for me? Here’s the answer I got:
(present) 30. Li – Brightness, Clinging
Fire can be dangerously explosive if over-fueled, or die quickly if underfed. Healthy and under control, it indicates good fortune.
(future) 36. Meng I – Darkening Force
Keep your inner light burning in order to prevail. Patiently await the sunrise.
OK so, what does this mean? I’m going to have to get out my own copy of the I Ching and read more in depth. I’m thinking it means stay balanced and stay calm. And I’m wondering if it’s really true that I could actually do that.
I remember a time in my life, fresh out of high school and living on my own, when I would throw the I Ching every single day and then record the questions and the results. I did this for about a year… maybe longer. It was my daily meditation, my prayer, and my guidance. I used to get the hexagram “The Abysmal” all the time… Later, when my marriage was going bad I got back into it again and had a long rash of getting “Work on That Which Has Been Spoiled” … I got it so often I almost knew the text by heart. Even now, when I look at that old trailer and walk past the burn pile, it comes into my mind….
So, I just got out my book and here is what it says about the first line:
It is early morning and work begins. The mind has been closed to the outside world in sleep; now its connections with the world begin again. The traces of one’s impressions run crisscross. Activity and haste prevail. It is important then to preserve inner composure and not allow oneself to be swept along by the bustle of life. If one is serious and composed, he can acquire the clarity of mind needed for coming to terms with the innumerable impressions that pour in. It is precisely at the beginning that serious concentration is important, because the beginning holds the seed of all that is to follow.
What does the Oracle hold for you?
I was fiddling around today, following links, looking for cool mandala art and over the top pictures for more cool pictures… when I stumbled into this little place on the world wide web.
Here are the results for my first name: Shirley
- Although the name Shirley creates an active mind and a restless urge to explore new ideas, we emphasize that it causes a superior, interfering expression whose favorite expression is “I know.”
- This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the solar plexus, worry, and mental tension.
- As Shirley you seek change, travel, new opportunities, and new challenges.
- Your active, restless nature demands action and you dislike system and monotony.
- As you are versatile and capable, you could do any job well, although you would not like to do menial tasks.
- Having considerable vision, you could be adept at formulating new, more effective ways of doing things.
- You could organize the work of others, though in your impatience to see the job done efficiently, you would likely step right in and do it yourself.
- You could work well in sales and promotion, and would not be afraid to risk a gamble as the name gives you much self-confidence.
Your full name creates the overall conditions in your life as well as your destiny. It is a very important factor. Click here for a report on the impact your first and last names combined have on your life, You will be amazed at the accuracy of this report!
Wasn’t that fun and interesting? Amazingly accurate too. Why don’t you try it? Let me know if it’s accurate for you?