- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons calendula petals, finely chopped
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
Preheat oven to 450 F. Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl. Cut in butter and Calendula petals with a pastry knife until the mixture is mealy in texture. Quickly stir in the milk. Turn out onto a floured board. Shape and kneed (as little as possible) into an oblong shape about 1-½ Inches thick.
Place on a heavy cookie sheet (or use one cookie sheet atop another). With a sharp knife, cut dough into 2-inch squares. Dot each biscuit with butter. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serves 6 to 8.
From: Grandmas Wisdom
Leave a Reply
- Ayurvedic Vata Churna This is a recipe for a Vata Balancing spice mix, used i... under Recipes
- Ama Pachana Spice Water Drink Ama Pachana Spice Water throughout the day for a ... under Recipes
- Pickled Walnuts What do you do with them? They are particularly goo... under Wild and Foraged Foods
- Bilberry Jam Bilberry is used for improving eyesight, including ni... under Wild and Foraged Foods
- Calendula Biscuits 2 cups all-purpose flour 4 teaspoons baking po... under Recipes