Yellow In Media And Design
Some of the ways the color yellow is used in the media and for design purposes:
- Yellow is often associated with food.
- Bright, pure yellow is an attention grabber that’s why taxicabs are painted this color.
- Yellow is seen before other colors when placed against black; this combination is often used to issue a warning.
- Use yellow to evoke pleasant, cheerful feelings.
- Yellow is very effective for attracting attention, so use it to highlight the most important elements of your design.
- Men usually perceive yellow as a very lighthearted, ‘kiddish’ color, so it is not recommended to use yellow when selling prestigious, expensive products to men – nobody will buy a yellow business suit or a yellow Mercedes.
- Yellow is an unstable and spontaneous color, so avoid using yellow if you want to suggest stability and safety.
- Light yellow tends to disappear into white, so it usually needs a dark color to highlight it.
- Shades of yellow are visually unappealing because they loose cheerfulness and become dingy.
Submitted by Raetta Parker
Leave a Reply
- Foods That Are Turquoise I found almost nothing in the way of foods that are nat... under Miscellaneous Information
- Violet vs Purple In the traditional color wheel used by painters, viol... under Purple
- Why Doctors Wear Green or Blue Scrubs Scrubs used to be white — the color of cleanliness... under Practical Applications
- Healing With The Color Yellow Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my... under Healing With Colors
- The Violet Gallery A gallery of all the violet images posted thus far. under Gallery of Colors