Instinctively, the occurrence of red makes us wary, as we connect it with heat and the potential danger of burning. Red lights are built into artificial fires to help simulate the coziness of a real fire. Too much heat and red burns, but at the right level it supports our lives and gives us comfort.
Being the color of blood, red has symbolic links with living and life. Spilling or losing blood brings illness and death. Wearing red, eating red foods and surrounding yourself with red increases the body’s ability to absorb iron, the metal that is responsible for the color of hemoglobin in the blood. The presence of hemoglobin allows the blood to absorb oxygen in the lungs and to transport that life-giving oxygen to the cells of the body.
Physical activity and the energy that that supports it also has a red vibration. If speed, danger, daring or courage are involved, the red quality of the activity increases. Mountaineers, racing car drivers, and stuntmen all have “red” careers.
- Foods That Are Turquoise I found almost nothing in the way of foods that are nat... under Miscellaneous Information
- Purple Planet Earth The earliest life on Earth might have been just as ... under Miscellaneous Information
- Why We Respond To Color “Man needs colour to live; It’s just as necessary an e...
- Turquoise and Architecture Turquoise is a stone and color that is strongly ass... under Turquoise
- New Age Turquoise Key words: Love, healing, generosity, emotion, fe... under Turquoise