Who in the rainbow can draw the line where the violet tint ends and the orange tint begins? Distinctly we see the difference of the colors, but where exactly does the one first blendingly enter into the other?
Purple: The color purple is specifically associated with royalty and the nobility, creating an impression of luxury, wealth and extravagance. Purple has power. It has a richness and quality to it that demands respect. Purple is ambitious and self-assured, the leader.
Light purple: Represents feminine energy and delicacy, as well as romantic and nostalgic feelings.
Deep purple: Dark purple is related to higher spiritual attainment. A powerful color, it can also indicate arrogance and ruthlessness, and may evoke feelings of gloom, sadness, and frustration.
Bright purple: Suggests riches and royalty.
Mauve: Mauve helps us to make the best choices and decisions; it is concerned for justice to be done and always does the right thing. On the other hand it can indicate a degree of commonness, the social climber aspiring to higher ideals.
Lavender: Lavender is attracted to beautiful things. It has a fragility, sensitivity and vulnerability to it. Lavender is a feminine, graceful, elegant color that has long been associated with refined, wealthy women.
Lilac: Lilac implies immaturity, superficiality and youthfulness. It is extroverted and enthusiastic, inspiring glamour, romance, and vanity.
Amethyst: A mystical color, amethyst opens intuitive channels. It protects the vulnerable and assists the humanitarian. It is the color of the evolved soul.
Plum: An old-fashioned color, plum is honorable and linked to family traditions. It is also prudish and narrow-minded, always preaching at you.
Note: This post was compiled by Shirley Twofeathers for Color Therapy, you may repost and share without karmic repercussions, but only if you give me credit and a link back to this website. Blessed be.
- Foods That Are Turquoise I found almost nothing in the way of foods that are nat... under Miscellaneous Information
- Violet vs Purple In the traditional color wheel used by painters, viol... under Purple
- Why Doctors Wear Green or Blue Scrubs Scrubs used to be white — the color of cleanliness... under Practical Applications
- Healing With The Color Yellow Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my... under Healing With Colors
- The Violet Gallery A gallery of all the violet images posted thus far. under Gallery of Colors