Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me. I am happy. ~Hamlin Garland
Yellow is associated with the solar plexus chakra. Yellow activates the motor nerves. It generates energy for the muscles. Disturbance in the supply of yellow energy to any part of the body can cause disturbance of function in that area including partial or complete paralysis from the deficiency of sensory and/or motor energy. Its complement is violet.
Yellow activates the motor nerves. It generates energy for the muscles. Disturbance in the supply of yellow energy to any part of the body can cause disturbance of function in that area including partial or complete paralysis from the deficiency of sensory and/or motor energy.
Yellow is a mixture of red and green rays. It has half the stimulating potency of red and half the reparative potency of the green. Hence, it tends both to stimulate function and to repair damaged cells. Yellow light directed at the intestinal tract for short periods is a digestant. For longer periods, it acts both as catharsis and as a cathartic. It also stimulates the flow of bile and has an anthelmintic action (antagonistic to parasites and worms).
Yellow predominantly affects the solar plexus chakra, and it is stimulating to the mental faculties of the individual. It can be used for depression. It helps awaken an enthusiasm for life. It awakens greater confidence and optimism. It is also effective in the treatment of digestive problems. It is beneficial to the stomach, the intestines, the bladder, and the entire eliminative system as well. It is very effective in the treatment of most headaches. It helps to balance the gastrointestinal tract.
Healing with the color yellow:
- Use yellow for a weak and confused immune system – frequent minor illnesses, intolerance’s and allergies to foods and other substances.
- Digestive problems, inefficient absorption of nutrients.
- Yellow is used to treat dermatitis and other skin problems.
- It activates the motor nerves. It affects the nervous system, good for nervous exhaustion.
- Yellow can be used for conditions of the stomach, liver, and intestines. Speeds up the digestion and assimilation, and the stool.
- Use it for digestive disorders, gas, food allergies, liver problems, diabetes, hypoglycemia, hyperthyroid, gallstones, muscle cramps, nervous disorders, depression, exhaustion and breathing problems, lymphatic problems, dispelling fears, building bones.
- Yellow also speeds metabolism.
- Yellow helps strengthen the nerves and the mind. It helps awaken mental inspiration and stimulates higher mentality. Thus, it is an excellent color for nervous or nerve-related conditions or ailments.
- Yellow energizes the muscles.
- Dark yellow soothes pains in the nerves (shooting pains).
- Yellow also helps the pores of the skin and aids scarred tissue in healing itself.
- Yellow affects the digestive system, gastrointestinal tract, adrenal activity and the left hemisphere brain activity.
- In healing, yellow must be used carefully because it is highly stimulating and can cause exhaustion and depression if overused.
- Intense yellow is the color that is most stressful for the eyes. The amount of light that is reflected by this bright color results in over stimulation of the eyes; it can actually cause eye irritation.
- Bright yellow rooms are often too intense. People may become irritated and nervous in a yellow room, children may have trouble sleeping and babies may cry more.
- Do not use yellow for nervous breakdowns, use blue or green.
- Do not use yellow if you are suffering from acute inflammation, delirium, diarrhea, fever, neuralgia, over-excitement, palpitation of the heart.
- Excessive amounts or exposures to yellow may make one superficial or hyperactive. It should be balanced with colors from the blue spectrum.
Note: This post was compiled by Shirley Twofeathers for Color Therapy, you may repost and share without karmic repercussions, but only if you give me credit and a link back to this website. Blessed be.
- Variations of the Color Turquoise Aqua: Closer to green than blue, aqua is refreshing... under Turquoise
- Violet vs Purple In the traditional color wheel used by painters, viol... under Purple
- Foods That Are Turquoise I found almost nothing in the way of foods that are nat... under Miscellaneous Information
- Purple Planet Earth The earliest life on Earth might have been just as ... under Miscellaneous Information
- A to Z Healing Index Here is an A to Z list of illnesses and the colors ...