Healing With The Color Green
Absolute green is the most restful color, lacking any undertone of joy, grief, or passion. On exhausted men this restfulness has a beneficial effect, but after a time it becomes tedious. ~Wassily Kandinsky
Green is the color of the heart chakra. It has a calming effect, especially in inflamed conditions of the body. It is soothing to the nervous system. It is a great healer. It builds muscles, bones and other tissue cells. Its complement is magenta.
Green is cooling, soothing, and calming both physically and mentally. If you are exhausted, green initially has a beneficial effect, but after a time, it becomes tiring. Green acts upon the sympathetic nervous system. It relieves tension in the blood vessels and lowers the blood pressure. It acts upon the nervous system as a sedative and is helpful in sleeplessness, exhaustion, and irritability.
Green strongly affects the heart chakra, and it is balancing to the autonomic nervous system. It can be applied beneficially in cardiac conditions, high blood pressure, ulcers, exhaustion, and headaches. Green harmonizes, life-giving, calms the mind, nerves, fever, and acidity; balances the metabolism, stabilizes the weight, tones liver and spleen; and benefits the pituitary gland.
Healing with the color green:
- Green stimulates growth and is good for helping heal broken bones.
- Green is a muscle and tissue builder.
- Can dramatically assist with easing pain, promotes rapid healing of all kinds.
- Green is a disinfectant, germicide, antiseptic and bacteriocide.
- Green is used during pregnancy and labor because of its soothing and healing properties.
- Green provides an essential nourishment for the body, the spirit and the heart.
- Green is an aphrodisiac and a sex tonic.
- Helps the digestive system, relieves tension.
- It is good for shock and anxiety.
- Green dilates the capillaries and produces a sensation of warmth.
- A calm green light is an excellent remedy for headache and neuralgia.
- Green affects blood pressure and all conditions of the heart. Helps control the blood pressure (light green for high blood pressure and dark green for low blood pressure).
- Green helps with relaxation and can be effective for insomnia.
- Assists with healing past trauma and eases the impact of troubled memories.
- The olive green shade can help us work positively with our emotions, olive is cleansing and disinfectant, it can be used to heal and soothe, to regenerate and to gain awareness and understanding of situations.
- Green has both an energizing effect and a moderating or soothing effect.
- It cures hormonal imbalances.
- Stimulates growth hormone and rejuvenation.
- Cleans and purifies from germs, bacteria and rotting material.
- Harmonizes the digestion, stomach, liver, and gall bladder.
- Has a healing effect on kidneys.
- Increases immunity.
- Builds up muscles, bones and tissues.
- Stimulates inner peace.
- Strengthens the nervous system.
- Green in any form is one of the finest tonics for tired nerves. The shade or chroma should be bright and clear, but much will depend on individual preferences.
Specific treatments and recommendations using green:
- For low blood pressure focus the green light over the heart for half an hour treatments and drink the green solarized water at hourly intervals between meals in half a glass dosages. Eat freely of green salads.
- For high blood pressure follow the same treatment but use a paler green color.
- Neuralgic headaches are often relieved by just looking at the green light.
- Sitting in green light for an hour at a time will refresh exhausted nerves and aid in optimistic thinking.
- Ulcers can be relieved by the green ray treatment given over a long period of time. As they are caused by fear, anger, criticism and antagonism, the opposite of these emotions built in through the use of compassionate green will heal them.
- Influenza requires both the green and blue light treatment, as do mucus fevers, whooping cough and croup.
- Colds in the head yield to green solarized water and green light, sometimes with the help of indigo.
- Green can be used as an aphrodisiac and sex tonic. It is very useful in stimulating sex glands and will be found equally helpful to men and women. It is the color of youth, the springtime of the year when vegetation shows its greatest growth and vigor.
- Too much green can deepen depression and social withdrawal in some who are already so inclined.
- Some people caution that green should not be used in treatment of cancer because of its association with growth.
- It is not to be used where there is anemia or lack of vitality.
Note: This post was compiled by Shirley Twofeathers for Color Therapy, you may repost and share without karmic repercussions, but only if you give me credit and a link back to this website. Bright Blessings.
Leave a Reply
- Purple Planet Earth The earliest life on Earth might have been just as ... under Miscellaneous Information
- A to Z Healing Index Here is an A to Z list of illnesses and the colors ...
- Healing with Color Meditation The Meditation: Choose the color you feel is most ap... under Color Meditations
- Healing Colors Healing with color requires a basic understanding of th...
- Variations of the Color Turquoise Aqua: Closer to green than blue, aqua is refreshing... under Turquoise