Foods That Are Turquoise
I found almost nothing in the way of foods that are naturally a turquoise color. This is what I did find:
Lingcods are sometimes found with amazing, edible blue flesh. A bile pigment called biliverdin seems to be the cause, but exactly how it gets into the flesh of the fish remains a mystery. Cooking destroys the color, but if you are wanting to eat a turquoise colored food, this seems like a possible choice.
There is also a chicken that lays blue or turquoise eggs. It’s called an Araucana. Here’s a picture of the eggs, and yes, they are real. When you crack them open, they look like any other egg.
Here’s a picture of the breed of chicken that lays these eggs:
Leave a Reply
- Purple Planet Earth The earliest life on Earth might have been just as ... under Miscellaneous Information
- A to Z Healing Index Here is an A to Z list of illnesses and the colors ...
- Healing with Color Meditation The Meditation: Choose the color you feel is most ap... under Color Meditations
- Variations of the Color Turquoise Aqua: Closer to green than blue, aqua is refreshing... under Turquoise
- Red Is A Green Issue Red keeps us rooted in the red energy of our planet... under Miscellaneous Information