The Color Blue
Blue is the coolest color - the color of the sky, sleep, twilight, and the deep sea. Blue is the colour most
commonly associated with harmony, faithfulness, and confidence. It is overwhelmingly the most popular
colour, chosen by almost half of both men and women as their favourite colour. It is also commonly
associated with the sky, the sea, ice, cold, and sometimes with sadness.
The ancient Egyptians used lapis lazuli to represent heaven. Blue symbolizes the Virgin Mary. A pure blue is
the color of inspiration, sincerity and spirituality. It contains a cool vibration that is helpful to
communication. Blue is the calming color. That makes it a wonderful color to use in the home, especially for
babies. Blue is so soothing that is a good choice for pajamas. A blue iris means your friendship is very
important to me. Wednesday's color is blue.
Blue gives a feeling of distance. Artists use it to to show perspective. This is a good way to understand the
energy of the color blue - it allows us to look beyond and increase our perspective outward. Blue relates to
the future in linear time, as it is a faster moving frequency than we experience in the physical. Researchers
at Cornell University discovered that applying blue light to the backs of the knees resets the body's internal
clock, eliminating jet lag and the sleep disturbances that accompany shift work.
The vibration of blue can be used to open energy flow where it is blocked. Using blue to relax will
encourage feelings of communication and peace. To help remember a speech, write your notes on blue paper.
Blue light has been found to significantly reduce the pain of arthritis - the longer the exposure the better
the results. Blue acts as an antiseptic and cooling agent, and enhances the natural flow of energy. Excellent
for inflammations incloding those of internal organs, also good for cuts and burns.
Healing with the color Blue:
* Blue is cooling, electric, astringent. Dr. Edwin Babbitt, in his classic, "The Principles of Light and
Color," states that "The Blue Ray is one of the greatest antiseptics in the world."
* Highly recommended in case of shock.
* Cools down inflammations (don't forget rheumatic inflammations), fever, high blood pressure, stops
bleedings, reliefs the bursting headaches, calms strong emotions like anger, aggression or hysteria.
* Brings tranquility.
* Anti-itching. Anti-irritation (for instance redness of the skin), anti-stress.
* Soothes suffering.
* It is good for cooling, calming, reconstructing and protecting, good for fevers, calming the body and
mind, raising frequency, etc.
* A great antiseptic and astringent.
* It is used for throat conditions, stings, itches and bites, for insomnia, tooth problems and sore eyes.
* It is very good for treating burns.
* Cooling, calming and protecting, it relaxes the nervous system, helps reduce fever, inflammation and
* Blue can be used for any type of ailment associated with speech, communication, or the throat.
Excellent for laryngitis or inflammation of the larynx.
Contra-Indications for the color blue:
* Blue can increase depression, tiredness and sorrow, so its use should be observed carefully and
darker shades should be used only moderately.
Blue is often the chosen color by conservative people. Cool and soothing, dreamy and magical. Peace and
rest. For people who keep a certain distance, but give calm and practical help; they are faithful and
loyal, have a sense for order, logic and rational thinking. Flying in day-dreaming, ideals or nostalgia
when felt mis-understood. Dark blue is more severe and can be melancholic. Blue is also the color of
Not loving blue:
A person who has an aversion to blue, may be very disciplined, strong career worker, with an aversion to
commentary or restriction. He may have charted out a clear direction for his life and wants to follow
that no matter what.
Wear dark blues for a stable, calm conservative feeling. All shades of blue will help to make easy
communication, whether it is with yourself or others. Use blue paper for notes when you want help in
remembering a speech or other information.
Questions to ask yourself when drawn to blue:
* Is there a need to talk to people around you?
* What do you need to express to others?
Put blue in your life when there is:
* A need to calm agitated, escitable, or chaotic states.
* Exposure to blue light can increase confidence and boost happiness levels.
* Blue is excellent for emotional healing of stress and anxiety in moderation. Too much blue can can
increase depression and apathy in those so inclined.
* A need to communicate clearly.
* A need for peace, detachment, solitude, and rest.
* A need to help with new information or in seeing information in context.
* A block or limitation to the flow of information and/or frustration, disappointment, and lack of
progress in your endeavors and relationships.
* By helping to soothe the mind, blue is the color of truth, serenity and harmony.
* It has a sobering effect on the mind and encourages contemplation, promotes group unity.
* It discourages disease and disharmony.
* Helps reduce and manage "hot" emotions like anger, impatience, greed, or jealousy. It can help with
self control and in chaotic situations.
* A desire to broaden your perspective in learning new information
Foods and suppliments that work in a blue way:
* Blue is a natural appetite suppressant, and one of the least appetizing colors for food.
* There are very few foods that are blue in color, howevver some foods work in a "blue" way, and are
useful when the voice, glands and organs of the neck, and communication skills need help.
* Blueberries, kelp, seaweed products, asparagus.
Blue essential oils:
* Sweet pea, lilac, myrrh
Blue crystals and stones:
* Sapphire, Aquamarine, Moonstone, Lapis Lazuli, Blue Lace Agate
* Blue gemstones to wear to feel calm are blue sapphire and blue topaz. Lapis lazuli and azurite are said
to heighten psychic power.
* Blue gemstones promote peace and are used to calm ragged emotions. They are used to provide relief
to people who have difficulty sleeping or who have nightmares. They offer inspiration and enhance the
quality of communication.
Symbolic meanings of blue:
Truth and the intellect; wisdom; loyalty; chastity; peace; piety and contemplation; spirituality; eternity.
Variations of the color blue:
Dark blue: is the color of truth and moderation.
Turquoise: is the symbol of youth, both the color and the gemstone. This color has a soothing affect.
Turquoise is the color of communication. It contains the growth quality of green with the blue quality of
communication. Turquoise has long been used in amulets to provide protection, health, confidence and
Aqua: is the color of high ideals.
Pale blue: Pale blue inspires creativity and the freedom to break free.
Sky blue: One of the calmest colors, sky blue inspires selfless love and fidelity. It is non-threatening
and promotes a helpful nature that can overcome all obstacles. It is the universal healer.
Azure blue: A color of true contentment, azure inspires determination and ambition to achieve great
things, a sense of purpose in striving for goals.
Dark blue: Dark blue is the color of conservatism and responsibility. Although it appears to be cool, calm
and collected, it is the color of the non-emotional worrier with repressed feelings, the pessimist and the
hypocrite. Dark blue can be compassionate but has trouble showing it as its emotions run deep. Dark blue
is a serious masculine color representing knowledge, power, and integrity, and is used quite ofetn in the
Indigo: is a great purifier of the bloodstream and also benefits mental problems. It is a freeing and
purifying agent. Indigo combines the deep blue of devotion with a trace of stabilizing and objective red.
Indigo is cool, electric, and astringent. Indigo links with and stimulates the brow chakra (third eye) and
controls the pineal gland. It governs both physical and spiritual perception.It can be of great assistance
in dealing with ailments of the eyes and ears.
Turquoise: Increases intuition and sensitivity. Works disinfecting and antiseptic. Tones the general
system. Builds the skin. Relaxes sensations of stress.